Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel, and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our team as a steward at The Commodore Perry Estate. The steward is responsible for washing dishes and cleaning the dish room. Adhere to hotel specifications and standards in operating the dishwashing machine to wash designated restaurant and kitchen wares, clean and maintain equipment and dishwashing, kitchen, cafeteria, compactor, storage areas. Assist in washing pots pans and other kitchen utensils/equipment. Complete other special cleaning projects as assigned.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are;
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Set up and organize work station with designated supplies and equipment; report shortages to supervisor. Replenish as needed throughout the shift.
- Handle all wares carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
- Clean and sanitize pots, pans, utensils, and other kitchen equipment in accordance with departmental standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of supply/storage closets; remove the trash, wipe down shelves/counters; clean floors; remove items that do not belong and place in the correct areas.
- Report any damages, maintenance problems or safety hazards to the supervisor.
- Adhere to all Health Department, sanitation, and safety regulations as required by the hotel.
- Keep the kitchens clean and sanitary according to Commodore Perry Estate standards.
- Use equipment with care and clean them properly after each use.
- Use clear communication in the kitchen: announce when you are walking behind someone or carrying something hot or dangerous.
- Maintain a good work attitude and behavior with your leaders and peers, you must be a good team player and work well with criticism.
- The steward is responsible for maintaining the chemicals in the dish machine and reporting to the manager on duty if new products are to be ordered.
- Travis County Food handling certificate.
- Valid to work in the US
- Versatility, discipline, organization, strong work ethic, and sense of teamwork.
- Ability to work flexible hours and shifts.
- Ability to maintain calm during busy periods and treat our guests and our colleagues with respect, and work hard together to deliver the highest quality of service to all.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy.
- Ability to work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines as they pertain to delivering quality food service to Commodore Perry guests.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations and remain calm.
- Ability to work in tight spaces in close proximity to others, often in adverse conditions including but not limited to dry heat and steam.
- Ability to interact in a polite, professional, and engaging manner upon encountering resort guests, whether on the grounds of the resort, while working a resort function, upon entering or leaving from work, or at any other time.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people's lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position