Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel, and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our team at the Commodore Perry Estate in Austin, Texas as a Uniform and Receiving Attendant. Responsible for receiving incoming rooms and food and beverage laundry and sending/inspecting outgoing laundry. Organize, inventory, maintain adequate pars for employee uniforms, as well as inspecting the delivery accuracy of uniforms on a daily basis. Taking temperature checks for employees arriving to work and aiding in the organization of incoming packages for the hotel.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Ensure the security of any assigned keys.
- Organize work duty priorities.
- Report any damages or wrong presentation of items to the supervisor.
- Turn over any lost and found items to the supervisor.
- Document and process guest requests for laundry or pressing of garments in accordance with departmental specifications.
- Maintain accurate inventories of all Hotel Uniforms.
- Monitor and maintain the orderly and clean condition of the receiving area.
- Receive and store all goods ordered in an organized fashion and communicate with hotel departments accordingly
- Temperature check employees as they arrive to work and document accordingly.
- Measure and issue new employees’ uniforms during orientation and ongoing as necessary.
- Maintain used cleaned uniforms on racks.
- Conduct monthly inventory of uniforms.
- Report all shortages, damages, maintenance requests, problems, and linen/supplies/uniforms.
- High school diploma or similar.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, co-workers, and management to their understanding.
- Combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in hotel operations is preferred.
- Must be highly detail orientated.
- Must have excellent listening skills.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position