Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our Housekeeping Team at the Commodore Perry Estate in Austin, Texas as a Uniform and Receiving Attendant. You will be responsible for tracking all soiled hotel bed linens, terry, spa, and support food and beverage linens, ensuring the uniform tracking and delivery is accurate. Responsible for receiving incoming laundry and sending outgoing laundry. Organize and distribute Housekeeping supplies and uniforms.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Ensure security of any assigned keys.
- Organize work duty priorities.
- Report any damages or wrong presentation of items to the supervisor.
- Turn over any lost and found items to the supervisor.
- Ensure security of hotel property.
- Ensure F&B teams collect the pool towels and other linen from bins.
- Issue clean linens/terry to Spa according to departmental procedures.
- Document and process guest requests for laundry or pressing of garments in accordance with departmental specifications.
- Maintain accurate inventories of all supplies for the Housekeeping Dept.
- Maintain accurate inventories of all Hotel Uniforms.
- Monitor and maintain the orderly and clean condition of the main Housekeeping building.
- Legibly document information on uniform cards for all new employees.
- Receive and store all goods ordered in an organized fashion.
- Issue designated cleaning and room supplies daily to room attendants or satellite closets.
- Measure and issue new employees’ uniforms during orientation when necessary.
- Maintain used cleaned uniforms on racks.
- Conduct monthly inventory of guest supplies and services as assigned.
- Report all shortages, damages, maintenance requests, problems and linen/supplies/uniform.
- High school diploma or similar.• Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, co-workers, and management to their understanding.
- Combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in hotel operations is preferred.
- Must be highly detail orientated.
- Must have excellent listening skills.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position