Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our team as the Director of Outlets at the Commodore Perry Estate in Austin, Texas. As part of the Auberge family, you will immediately become part of an active community of food and beverage professionals who pride themselves on their reputation for expertise and uncompromising standards. The Director of Outlets will be responsible for ensuring that all visitors to the hotel are delighted by the quality of service, creativity, and variety of our food and beverage offerings, and for establishing our name in the Austin marketplace. Ideal candidates are creative, service-driven leaders with experience working in some of Austin’s leading restaurants.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Lead and analyze guest satisfaction, quality of service, sales, costs, quality and presentation of food and beverage products, service standards, condition, and cleanliness of facilities and equipment.
- Maintain the highest levels of guest service and develop a rapport with both the hotel guests and the local clientele, meeting and greeting guests at the Restaurant, and handling guest complaints effectively and pleasantly.
- Conduct regular walkthroughs for maintenance in restaurants to continuously maintain or improve the physical properties.
- Lead the training and education session for all team members.
- Order and inventory of beer, wine, liquor, and restaurant supplies for the front of the house.
- Work with Director of Operations to create a departmental budget, then monitor and maintain the food & beverage cost in line with budgeted and forecasted projections.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, systems, practices, and equipment in food and beverage through trade literature, hotel shows, site visits, and monitoring local competitors to compare their operation with the hotel’s Food and Beverage operation.
- Develop Food and Beverage goals, strategies, procedures, and policies including offering guests great value in their beverage experience.
- Work as an active member of the management team. Creating professional relationships and active involvement with all hotel operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management, Food & Beverage, or a related field.
- Five or more years’ operating experience in a similar capacity in a top restaurant group or luxury hotel Food & Beverage department.
- Experience in maintaining state and federal health and safety regulations.
- Experience in completing administrative tasks, including reporting, budgeting, and project management.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a management position
This is a management positions position