Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our team as a Runner at the Commodore Perry Estate in Austin, Texas. The Runner is responsible for the safe and secure delivery of all food items to guests across the property. The Runner is also responsible for the ability to communicate all essential details about food items while answering questions about all dishes.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Be available to transport hot or cool food items quickly and safely wherever needed on the property.
- Communicate concisely and efficiently with chefs about current delivery needs and issues that may arise in the dining room or resort property.
- Be available for non-food-running duties during times of low delivery volume; including cleaning, unpacking, stocking, and assisting chefs in any kitchen-related duties.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using a brand or property specific processes to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Report any employee, guest, and/or vendor incidents and accidents to management at the time of the incident and/or accident.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, restocking items, and completing daily cleaning checklist.
- High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent.
- Prior luxury hospitality experience preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written.
- Must have excellent listening skills.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and team members.
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position