Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel, and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our team as the Banquet Manager at the Commodore Perry Estate in Austin Texas. Oversee/support overall day to day operation, planning, and long term outlook of all banquet and social catering activities held in the hotel. Directs, implements, and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to the team. A focus on ENRICHing the stay of our guests and striving to create and positive work environment for the team.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Maintain complete knowledge of all Commodore Perry Estate Banquet specific information, i.e. event space layout, table set-ups. room capacity, etc.
- Prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labor forecasts.
- Constantly monitor staff performance in all phases of service and job functions, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards; rectify any deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Assist banquet staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Provide feedback to staff on their performance, ensuring that all procedures are carried out to departmental standards.
- Handle disciplinary problems and counsel employees according to hotel standards.
- Prepare and submit daily/weekly payroll and tip distribution records.
- Screen and Interview banquet applicants.
- Maintain complete knowledge of service requirements for each scheduled function, i.e. menu selections, group’s particular choices, special requests, group’s payment arrangements, etc.
- Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons, and drunk driving.
- Retrieve and organize Event Orders according to departmental standards. Make note of changes as received from catering and post sheets for the next 7 days.
- Meet with the Executive Chef to review the scheduled group’s menu and equipment requirements. Ensure agreement of delivery times, amounts, and special arrangements.
- Meet group coordinator/host prior to function, make the introduction, and ensure that all arrangements are agreed upon.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day. Promote positive guest relations at all times.
- Monitor guest reactions and confer frequently with service staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and handle guest complaints by using discretion to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Check-in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages.
- Follow all state and local laws for serving alcohol responsibly.
- Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc).
- Demonstrates the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Demonstrates an understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Minimum 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Two years of experience Managing in banquets.
- Knowledge of organizing service from Banquet Event orders.
- Knowledge of staffing guidelines/ requirements for various types of functions.
- Wine knowledge.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Familiarity with food and beverage cost controls.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a management position
This is a management positions position