Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
The Concierge is responsible for assisting guests in providing an array of services calculated to make their stay easier and more pleasurable, including dining reservations, winery tour bookings, transportation arrangements, information, and any services that are best suited to the guest’s needs. The Concierge is an individual dedicated to his/her profession and spends time researching and visiting venues in order to enable personal recommendations.
Core ResponsibilitiesPlease note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
- All resort features/services, hours of operation;
- All room types, layout, decor, appointments, and locations;
- All room rates, special packages, and promotions;
- Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures;
- Room availability status for any given day; and
- Scheduled daily group activities
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all resort and departmental policies and procedures
- Review arrivals prior to approaching the Concierge desk and be familiar with all VIP guests, special requirements, and potential problems.
- Meet with departing shift member to ensure follow-through and a seamless handover
- Ensure that all guests receive personal, individual, and professional treatment
- Provide guests with information, descriptions, directions, and reservations for all resort services, local restaurants, activities, travel arrangements, and other points of interest
- Answer department telephones within three rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette
- Accommodate all requests for information in a congenial manner
- Work closely with the Front Office and other guest relations departments on special requests and amenities
- Coordinate guest history with the Front Office, reservations, housekeeping, and room service
- Develop good relationships with peers in local restaurants and wineries
- Coordinate special attention for birthdays, anniversaries, or special events
- Maintain updated knowledge of the area, its facilities, and points of interest
- Handle guest complaints or problems immediately, ensuring guest satisfaction
- Accurately input guest data into guest history
- Produce weekly Commodore Perry activities information sheet
- Assist in other Front Office operational duties, as needed
- Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel
- Maintain follow-up log for communication between concierge shifts
- Plan and coordinate weekly events for Guests
- Prepare newsletter for Guests
- Must maintain excellent relationship within Front Office Department and must familiarize oneself with the operations and priorities of all other hotel operating departments
- 1-Year minimum as a Front Desk Agent
- Excellent service, etiquette and protocol skills, and knowledge
- Knowledge of the Western Connecticut area (particularly the Midwest CT area), its geography, wineries, breweries, restaurants, events, sights, and other places of interest.
- Able to work on a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a non-management position
This is a hourly positions position