“Lutie’s is remarkably charming. Utterly familiar yet like no place you’ve ever been. Tucked away into the formal gardens of the Commodore Perry Estate, it’s designed as an unexpected urban refuge where you can linger over a delicious meal and enjoy a refreshing cocktail while taking in the bucolic setting in the middle of the city.”
Join the opening team for the new Ken Fulk-designed neighborhood restaurant located at Commodore Perry Estate, an Auberge Resorts Collection, and helmed by husband and wife team, Executive Chef Bradley Nicholson, and Pastry Chef Susana Querejazu. The contemporary, convivial atmosphere design of the garden-style cafe is complemented by a chef and ingredient-driven cuisine that is highly seasonal and locally sourced. Menus will celebrate regional flavors and spotlight seasonal organic ingredients sourced from the estate’s in-house gardens and local purveyors. The ever-changing menus will be complemented by a robust beverage program including an exceptional collection of rare liquors and natural wine featuring craft cocktails; a curated collection of rare and vintage liquors, digestifs, and spirits; craft beers highlighting the best brewers in the state; a wine list of by-the-glass, carafe, or bottle selections with a focus on natural wines; and coffee in partnership with a local roaster.Company & Property Description
Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
A treasured historic landmark reborn, Commodore Perry Estate, Auberge Resorts Collection introduces something entirely new to Austin – a 54 room resort set on a secluded 10-acre estate in the heart of the city, comprising a 10,800-square-foot home built in 1928, a chapel, gardens, and Lutie’s restaurant. Commodore Perry Estate offers an authentic Austin experience brimming with style and charm, a sophisticated complement to the city’s traditional chain luxury hotels.
Become a part of a passionate and professional team looking to create a new hospitality and culinary experience in Austin. Join our team as Chef de Cuisine at Luties Garden Restaurant. The Chef de Cuisine will work with the Executive Chef to create and manage the menu at Luties. This chef should know all pertinent information about the restaurants on the property including but not limited to recipes and techniques, purveyors, ordering dates, and protocols for emergencies. The Chef de Cuisine will direct, train, and supervise the performance of Sous Chefs, Chef de Parties, Commis, and Stewards. The Chef de Cuisine will be responsible for opening and closing the kitchens at the property when needed. The nature of the hotel and restaurant requires the chef to work a flexible schedule of days and hours. Organization and cleanliness are critical to working efficiently. The ability to grow outside of your role and manage stress is important for longevity in the kitchen.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Attend the daily rallies "Line-up" and check daily menus and discuss changes in your section with the sous chefs.
- Keep the kitchens clean and sanitary according to Commodore Perry Estate standards.
- Sort waste appropriately by recyclable, compostable, or nonrenewable.
- We produce trim, not scraps. Utilizing trim to make something else is part of what we do.
- Taste your mise en place. Taste everything often.
- Use equipment with care and clean them properly after each use.
- Use clear communication in the kitchen: announce when you are walking behind someone or carrying something hot or dangerous.
- Fill out your production lists by checking the daily events to come.
- Ensure that the recipe guides are followed and that all the dishes are consistent.
- Maintain a good work attitude and behavior with your leaders and peers, you must be a good team player and work well with criticism.
- Minimum of ten years experience in a commercial kitchen.
- Intermediate to expert knowledge and understanding of fundamental gastronomy
- Ability to compute mathematical calculations.
- Travis County Food handling certificate.
- Ability to communicate in English with co-workers, guests, and management to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible written communication.
- Versatility, discipline, organization, strong work ethic and sense of teamwork.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts.
- Ability to prepare and execute techniques as exemplified by executive chefs.
- Ability to train and teach others with patience.
- Ability to lead a team and work within a larger team.
- Ability to assist the restaurant managers with management of Food and Beverage team members in the restaurant to ensure guests receive the highest level of service and quality on a daily and consistent basis.
- Ability to maintain calm during busy periods and treat our guests and our colleagues with respect, and work hard together to deliver the highest quality of service to all.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is a management position
This is a management positions position