Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our team as the Food and Beverage Manager at the Commodore Perry Estate in Austin, Texas. As part of the Auberge family, you will immediately become part of an active community of food and beverage professionals who pride themselves on their reputation for expertise and uncompromising standards. You will be responsible for ensuring that all visitors to the hotel are delighted by the quality of service, creativity, and variety of our food and beverage offerings, and for establishing our name in the Austin marketplace. Ideal candidates are creative, service-driven leaders with experience working in some of Austin’s leading restaurants.
Responsible for the day to day service operations at outlets. Leads running the restaurant and bar operations. Responsible for driving and maintaining high standards, service execution, focused on delivering an exceptional guest experience.
- Lead and analyze guest satisfaction, quality of service, sales, costs, quality and presentation of food and beverage products, service standards, condition and cleanliness of facilities and equipment.
- Maintain the highest levels of guest service and develop a rapport with both the hotel guests and the local clientele, meeting and greeting guests at the Restaurant, and handling guest complaints effectively and pleasantly.
- Conduct regular walkthroughs for maintenance in restaurants to continuously maintain or improve the physical properties.
- Lead the training and education session for all team members.
- Order and inventory of beer, wine, liquor, and restaurant supplies for the front of the house.
Planning and Organizing:
- Maintain the highest levels of guest service and develop a rapport with both the hotel guests, members and the local clientele, meeting and greeting guests at the Restaurant, and handling guest complaints effectively and pleasantly.
- Strong and meaningful floor presence, directing service and engaging with guests and team members.
- Ability to understand and foresee reservation patterns, book management and make adequate decisions based on forecasted business volumes.
- Responsible for departmental scheduling.
- Responsible for payroll processing.
- Leads comfortably to run team line ups, continuously expanding team’s food and beverage knowledge.
- Leads in keeping all menus and wine lists up to date.
- Organizational skills in order to upkeep with ordering of all departmental supplies for the team and the guest (non food or beverage).
- Participate in weekly meetings with F&B Management team. Work on projects assigned during these meetings and see them through to completion as applicable.
- Be a team player that is larger than one restaurant, a team player and role model within the food and beverage division of the resort.
- Three or more years’ operating experience in a similar capacity in a top restaurant or luxury hotel Food & Beverage environment.
- Superior dining and service experience to deliver at a high standard and in fast paced environments.
- Above average food and beverage (wine, spirits) knowledge.
- Experience in maintaining state and federal health and safety regulations, TABC regulations.
- Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, google drive, Internet browsers, etc).
- Demonstrates the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Department: Food and Beverage
This is a management position
This is a management position