Whether traveling on a ski trip to Aspen or taking a romantic escape in Santorini for a special anniversary, it is the simple things that are most important to the guests of Auberge Resorts Collection. At Auberge, we offer the opportunity to create personal memories and stories; tasting freshly picked fruit in Cabo San Lucas, horseback riding with a local cowboy in Costa Rica, or planting coral gardens in the South Pacific. People who know us, choose to return for shared experiences that connect them to local cultures and which will be forever embedded in their soul.
Secluded on nearly 10 acres on Waller Creek, the Commodore Perry Estate comprises a 10,800-square-foot home, a chapel and gardens enclosed within a walled compound in the style of an Italian country villa and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Now refreshed and refurbished as a luxury 54 room resort, the property will open in mid-2020.
Become one of the authors of our story. Join our Guest Services Team at the Commodore Perry Estate in Austin, Texas. The Overnight Manager is responsible for leading and assisting with the successful completion of overnight shift requirements. Front office areas include Bell/Door Staff, Call Center and Guest Services/Front Desk. Strives to ensure guest and employee satisfaction and achieve the operating budget. Assists in completing financial and administrative responsibilities.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done! Within the Auberge family, our people always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their team-mates. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Responsible for Night Audit function
- Supporting Management of Front Desk Team and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Supports all areas of the Front Office in the absence of the Front Office or Front Desk Manager.
- Supports daily Front Desk shift operations, supporting progress towards Guest Services and Front Desk Goals.
- Supports day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Desk goals to produce desired results.
- Observes staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and that financial objectives are met.
- Supports same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and property occupancy.
- Understands the impact of Front Desk operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Informs and/or updating the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Performs all duties at the Front Desk as necessary and ensures overnight shift set AM shift for success.
- Understands the functions of the Bell Staff, Call Center and Concierge/Guest Services operations.
- High school diploma or similar; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
- Preferred 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major.
- Previous luxury hotel experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate in English with guests/team members to their understanding.
- Ability to provide clear and legible written communication.
- Adhere to responsible, safe and conscientious driving rules.
- Prioritize, organize and make good judgments.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes overnights, weekends and holidays.Ability to be a clear thinker and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work cohesively with other departments and individuals as part of a team.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering simple pleasures and creating indelible memories. Born in Napa and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge, and wherever we reside and work, we all live by the view that our core purpose is to enrich people’s lives.
If that philosophy resonates with you and you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our family.
The Commodore Perry Estate is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. The Commodore Perry Estate provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Commodore Perry Estate complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Department: Front Office
This is a management position
This is a management position