Conference & Catering Manager
Conference Service & Catering Manager is the right hand for the Group Sales Manager supporting in the sell phase to convince Group Representatives at the site inspection that Chileno Bay Resort & Residences is the perfect place to host their program. Functions involved: hosting site inspections; maintain a stable relationship with vendors and local planners and DMCs; assisting the Group Contact with planning their program including all details and services involved with their events; preparing and reviewing quotes and estimate breakdown cost; following on deposits; following on room block date lines; preparing and reviewing program, BEO (Banquet Event Orders) and Resume; communicating detailed information with the Group Contact and The Resort team accordingly; operation of the events in conjunction with the Banquet team; Revision of Master Account in conjunction with Accounting Agent; conclusion of Program with Group Survey and getting Testimonial from Group Contact.
Responsible for all areas of the Conference Service Department, to include, but not limited to, inquiry phone calls, events, small corporate meetings, site inspections, selection process, proposal writing, planning with other departments, working with outside vendors, ordering entertainment, floral, linens, equipment, overall operations of “day of” functions, assist with the promoting, selling and arranging details with vendors and staff, communicating of program. Follow up with all group contracts, internal meetings, client meetings, making sure about post event results and survey.
- Computer knowledge
- High School Graduate
- Ability to provide legible communication
- Ability to read and organize information from proposals and/or contracts
- Ability to clearly communicate in English with guests, management, and co-workers to their understanding either verbally or in writing
- Steady, calm reaction to opportunities with guests
- 8. Understanding of room space, entertainment options, menus, floral options, pricing and upsell opportunities
- Advanced computer knowledge and the ability to adapt to new computer technology
- Ability to handle telephone inquiries from potential customers
- Safety guidelines
- Hotel function space
- Hotel banquet equipment
- Interface with Conference Set-up to ensure the correct set of the function, Interface with Banquet Manager to ensure the client’s needs are met, answer telephone within 3 rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette, attend client site inspections with potential group coordinators, maintain an accurate and complete filing, and trace system.
- To follow through with accounting to make sure all final billing is correct and to meet with the client for payment.
- Previous experience as a Conference Service Supervisor or Manager, F&B Knowledge and accounting skills in the luxury market.
- Knowledge of local attractions, services, and suppliers/vendors
- Fluency in a second language, preferably Spanish or English
This is a tiempo completo position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs