JUNIOR ESTIMATOR (TAKE-OFF TECH) SUMMARY
Responsible for analyzing construction drawings in paper and electronic formats, review geological soils reports, quantification of materials and related labor requirements. This position is required to closely interact with the Estimators and project staff to assist with the timely and accurate completion of each project estimate.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other functions may be assigned.
- Accurately set-up project material quantities and related labor in Microsoft excel.
- Update project takeoff per engineer issued addendums and clarifications
- Use AutoCAD and Agtek to acquire project excavation and other material quantities.
- Distribute project related information and takeoff to project estimator and staff.
- Assist Project Estimator with the project scope review and preparation of project estimate.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Working knowledge of Civil Construction (Excavation & Utilities), Agtek Software products, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office products
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to Estimators and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
This job requires no certificates, licenses or registrations.
Salary Range: $15-18 DOE
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position