DNT Construction, LLC is looking for highly motivated individuals for a position in our Survey Department, in both the San Antonio and Austin area offices. This position is Monday through Saturday and often requires overtime.
DNT Construction will provide on the job training to all employees. No experience is necessary, but is welcome. DNT believes in promoting from within the organization and values individuals that are highly motivated seeking to give those individuals opportunities for further advancement.
As a Field Engineer in our Survey department, you will provide the Chief of the crew (size is three to four people) with assistance in performing assigned tasks.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Writing grading information on stakes
- Using a 10 lb sledgehammer, 16 oz hammer, and 5 lb pick axe
- Setting grades in streets with hubs and spikes
- Keeping work truck loaded with materials
- Cross functional collaboration with other departments and field personnel to effectively provide the layout requested
- Set up, care for, and maintain Robotic and GPS survey equipment assigned to your crew
We work with the latest technology in the Survey Field including: Trimble GPS, Robotics, and Topcon GPS machine control units.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and physical
- Have a VALID TX Drivers License and clean driving record
- Able to work outside in all weather for extended periods of time
- Able to communicate effectively with management and field personnel about the task at hand
- Bilingual is a plus but not a must
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (after 90 days)
- Holiday Pay and Paid Vacation (after 90 days)
- 401K (after 12 months)
- Compensation is based off experience. The starting wage is $15.00/hour with time and a half paid for all hours over 40
This general overview only includes essential functions of the job and does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor or management.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position