Dr. Day Care Learning Center provides care for children ages 6 weeks through 12 years old in our Infant, Toddler, Preschool and School Age programs. We offer quality care and education 52 weeks of the year - we are the Home of the Educational Guarantee!
Dr. Day Care provides family, youth and child services in a safe, structured and nurturing environment through a team of dedicated professionals. Our teachers are supported by our home office in order to provide the best quality care and education for all of our students. Learn and grow with Dr. Day Care and be part of a company that has earned a positive reputation amongst parents and the community.
The Nowell Leadership Academy is a public charter high school founded to serve pregnant and parenting young adults serving 160 students in campuses in Providence and Central Falls.
We have nine locations in Rhode Island:
Pawtucket Concord St.
Pawtucket Thornley St.
Benefit Package Includes
- Health and Dental
- Paid Time Off
- Reduced Child Care Tuition
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Great Team Environment
Responsibilities:The Teacher Assistant will be required to perform the following duties including, but not limited to,:
- Assist in the creation of a safe, healthy, structured and nurturing environment
- Help plan and implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum and assessment of children
- Help to supervise and interact with children to facilitate their play and learning
- Communicate positively with parents
- Support the implementation of the Therapeutic Child Care Services (TCCS) program
- Help prepare activities
- Serve meals to the children
- Help to keep the classroom clean, organized and maintained
- Attend meetings and trainings
- Assist with the accreditation process as well as other quality initiatives
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Must participate in early childhood staff development program
- CPR/First Aid certification preferred
- Minimum one (1) year experience working with children in a child care/early learning center
- Strong communication skills
- Positive team player
- Ability to be engaged in physical exercise with children such as walking, running, crawling, bending, twisting, etc.
- Must have visual and hearing acuity
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently
- Must pass national criminal background/fingerprints check
- Must pass Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF) Clearance Request (CPS)
- Apart from religious observations, available to work between the hours of 7:45 a.m. and 4:15 p.m., Monday – Friday, according to the needs of the business
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs