As a Lead Teacher you will have the pleasure to create a safe, healthy, structured and nurturing environment while planning and implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum as well as an assessment of the children in your care. You will help maintain a creative and learning environment within your classroom. Your customer service skills will be used to bond with the children, maintain professional relationships with your fellow teachers and to communicate effectively with parents.
In this center we provide care for children ages 6 weeks through 12 years old in our Infant, Toddler, Preschool and School Age programs. We offer quality care and education 52 weeks of the year - we are the Home of the Educational Guarantee!
Learn and grow with Dr. Day Care and be part of a company that has earned a positive reputation amongst parents and the community. If you have minimal experience and want more, we are proud to introduce you to our Dr. Day Care, Training Website where you will be able to take virtual classes for many different topics to enhance the scope of your skill set. Looking for help with your college degree in education? We can assist with that also. We are proud to sponsor our employees who have been accepted into the state's T.E.A.C.H. program in RIC, CCRI, URI and RWU.
The Lead Teacher is responsible for all aspects of a particular age group/classroom, including, but not limited to,:
- Responsible for overseeing, developing, implementing and coordinating developmentally appropriate curriculum and assessment of children
- Complete administrative paperwork
- Communicating positively with parents on a daily basis
- Support the Therapeutic Child Care Services (TCCS) program
- Assist with the implementation of Positive Behavior Intervention Strategies (PBIS), accreditation and other quality initiatives
- Supervise classroom staff
- Assist with ordering and preparing food and supplies
- Oversee the cleanliness, organization and maintenance of the classroom
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary
- Associate’s degree or higher in Early Childhood Education preferred
- Rhode Island Early Learning and Development Standards (RIELDS) certification preferred (Preschool positions)
- Must participate in early childhood staff development program
- CPR/First Aid certification preferred
- Ability to be engaged in physical exercise with children such as walking, running, crawling, bending, twisting, etc.
- Must have visual and hearing acuity
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently
- Must pass national criminal background/fingerprints check
- Must pass Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF) Clearance Request (CPS)
- Available to work between the hours of 6:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Child Care Consultants & Facilities Management