Make a difference... Join Us... Put a smile on a child's face.
Teacher Assistants in this program are called The Therapeutic Integration Specialist (TIS) and will support our Clinician and Administrator in our Therapeutic Child Care integrated program by sustaining the development of an appropriate learning environment and activities for children with special needs, particularly behaviorally challenging children. These activities will help the children become successful in meeting their individual goals outlined in their behavior plans, while integrated with typically developing peers.
You will make a difference by assisting in the creation of a safe, healthy, structured and nurturing environment and will help plan and implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum. You will attend child specific orientation meetings and monthly Therapeutic trainings. You will promote interactions between typically developing children and TCCS children and support the children in participating successfully in activities. Document children’s progress, behaviors and medical status related to the children’s Therapeutic Integration Plans (TIPs) in partnership with the classroom teacher/Administrator and Clinician
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required
- Child Development Associate (CDA) credential, Associate’s degree or higher in Early Childhood Education, Human Services, Nursing or related field preferred
- Must participate in early childhood staff development program
- CPR/First Aid certification preferred
- Minimum two (2) years of experience (with high school diploma or equivalent) working with children in a child care/early learning center
- Must have experience with special needs students, particularly with de-escalating behavior challenges
- Strong communication skills
- Positive team player
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to attend TIS meetings/trainings after normal business hours
- Ability to be engaged in physical exercise with children such as walking, running, crawling, bending, twisting, etc.
- Must have visual and hearing acuity
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Minimum 19 years of age
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently
- Must pass national criminal background/fingerprints check
- Must pass Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF) Clearance Request (CPS)
- Available to work between the hours of 6:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Monday – Friday, according to the needs of the business
This is a full time position