We are an awesome employer providing great benefits, competitive salary and a bright, cheerful environment for your career growth.
Benefit Package Includes
- 401k with company match
- Health and Dental
- Paid Time Off
- Reduced Child Care Tuition
- 13 Paid Holidays
- T.E.A.C.H. partnership for a college degree
Hours: Monday-Friday from 8:30-3:30
Start Date: August 16th, 2023
Responsibilities: The Special Needs Teacher's Assistant will support our Clinician and Administrator in our Therapeutic Child Care integrated program by sustaining the development of an appropriate learning environment and activities for children with special needs, particularly behaviorally challenging children. These activities will help the children become successful in meeting their individual goals outlined in their behavior plans, while integrated with typically developing peers.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to,:
- Assist in the creation of a safe, healthy, structured and nurturing environment
- Help plan and implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Help to supervise and interact with children to facilitate their play and learning
- Communicate feedback, concerns and questions to the Teacher or Administrator for parent feedback
- Support the implementation of the Therapeutic Child Care Services (TCCS) program
- Attend child specific orientation meetings and monthly Therapeutic Integration Specialist (TIS) trainings
- Promote interactions between typically developing children and TCCS children.
- Document children’s progress, behaviors and medical status in partnership with the classroom teacher/Administrator and Clinician
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required
- Associate’s degree or higher in Early Childhood Education, Human Services, Nursing or related field preferred or Child Development Associate (CDA) credential,
- CPR/First Aid certification preferred
- Minimum one (1) years of experience (with high school diploma or equivalent) working with children in a child care/early learning center
- Must have experience with special needs students, particularly with de-escalating behavior challenges
- Strong communication skills
- Positive team player
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to attend TIS meetings/trainings after normal business hours
- Ability to be engaged in physical exercise with children such as walking, running, crawling, bending, twisting, etc.
- Must have visual and hearing acuity
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Minimum 19 years of age
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently
- Must pass national criminal background/fingerprints check upon hire
- Must pass Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF) Clearance Request (CPS) upon hire
- Shift would 8:30AM - 3:30PM, Monday – Friday,
· Overview: Dr. Day Care Learning Center provides care for children ages 6 weeks through 12 years old in our Infant, Toddler, Preschool and School Age programs. We offer quality care and education 52 weeks of the year - we are the Home of the Educational Guarantee!
· Dr. Day Care provides family, youth and child services in a safe, structured and nurturing environment through a team of dedicated professionals. Our teachers are supported by our home office in order to provide the best quality care and education for all of our students. Learn and grow with Dr. Day Care and be part of a company that has earned a positive reputation amongst parents and the community.
This is a full time position