Come join one of the fastest growing dog daycares in the Seattle area! We are not your average doggy daycare. We have a proven track record with 13+ years of experience. We are serious about our business, casual about our attire & you can bring your dog to work. Only hip, smart, serious dog lovers need apply!
- To provide customer-oriented service that meets their needs, and to love and respect every pooch as a family member, providing warmth and care to the very best of our ability
- To create a safe and loving environment for dogs of all sorts, from wild n’ crazy to cool & snooty to socialize, learn, and rest
- To provide a well-managed team approach where employees feel valued, and to maintain a fun, equitable & nurturing work environment for all employees
- To play and laugh a lot, every day!
We have an exciting opportunity for an Overnight Crew Member to join our team! This position works overnight hours from 9:30pm – 6am. The Overnight Crew Member is responsible for ensuring the health and safety of all boarding dogs, completing detailed cleaning projects and small group dog let outs throughout the night.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list is not all-inclusive and is just a basic overview of some of the duties and responsibilities of a DDL Crew Member.
- Morning set up of the store
- Cleaning rugs and foot baths
- Meal preparation and feeding
- Complete all going home photos for boarding dogs
- Regular interaction with clients when late drop offs and pickups occur
- Janitorial duties including mopping, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, laundry etc.
- Sanitation of dog kennels
- Administrative duties such as filing and finalization of client paperwork
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prefer previous professional experience working with dogs (daycare, shelter, vet tech, etc.)
Skills and Abilities of the Successful DDL Crew Member:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Reliable transportation and a willingness to transport a dog in an emergency situation
- Previous professional experience working with dogs (daycare, shelter, vet tech, etc.)
- The ability to lift 45 lbs
- The ability to endure physically challenging labor for the majority of the shift
- Strong time management skills
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- The ability to stand for up to 9 hours in the kennel environment
- Feel comfortable in a large group of dogs, up to 50 at a time
- Quick reaction time to unpredictable situations
- Comfortable working in a loud environment
- Strong customer service skills including good communication
- Intelligent self-starter who can work independently and make common sense decisions
- Must be clean cut, articulate, and in good physical shape
- Initial training shifts will require either day time or afternoon availability
Our team is committed to working hard & going the extra mile to provide stellar levels of service, smile and pooch bum rubs.
DDL has plenty of growth opportunities. If you have a good work ethic, great attitude and the desire to be challenged... we want to meet you. Come grow with us!
Our benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off…and the best part…bring your dog to work among many other things!
This is a full time position