Come join one of the fastest growing dog daycares in the Seattle area! We are not your average doggy daycare. We have a proven track record with 15+ years of experience. We are serious about our business, casual about our attire & you can bring your dog to work. Only hip, smart, serious dog lovers need apply!
- To provide customer-oriented service that meets their needs, and to love and respect every pooch as a family member, providing warmth and care to the very best of our ability
- To create a safe and loving environment for dogs of all sorts, from wild n’ crazy to cool & snooty to socialize, learn, and rest
- To provide a well-managed team approach where employees feel valued, and to maintain a fun, equitable & nurturing work environment for all employees
- To play and laugh a lot, every day!
Downtown Dog Lounge is Washington State’s longest tenured multiunit dog services business. As a leader in the pet care industry, Downtown Dog Lounge strives to maintain long-time client relationships and to provide “peace of mind” to all pet parents. This attitude drives our high expectations of crew members and their ability to always put the client first.
The HR Manager position provides HR administrative services, primarily in the areas of employee information management, recruiting, onboarding, employee benefits administration, training, performance management and culture building. Primary duties consist of working with the store management team to ensure all human resources functions are actively supported. Works as a contributing member of Executive Team to help ensure HR related practices are strategically aligned with overall business objectives. This is a visible position, which interacts with many levels of the organization across multiple functions.
The following is a list of general job responsibilities for the HR Manager position. This list is not all-inclusive and may be broadened or changed to meet changing business needs.
- Provide advice to managers and employees across the spectrum of employment relations issues and coach managers behind the scenes to deal with complex organizational and staff issues. Provide support as the HR Advisor in day-to-day management and employee relations.
- Full cycle recruiting to include attracting, screening, and selecting candidates.
- Administer new hire, employment change and termination activities. Maintain active, terminated, and archived personnel files.
- Creates, assembles, maintains, audits, and archives employee personnel, benefit, and other department records, adhering to legal & professional confidentiality standards at all times
- Assist with Employee Orientation – its content, materials, and related processes
- Communicate activities to other departments as needed
- Administer employee benefits programs including: group medical/dental/vision; life insurance
- Updates benefit eligibility status for new and terminating employees.
- Maximize participation in employee benefit plans.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with benefits regulations and legislation, such as HIPAA, COBRA, etc.
- Develop and/or revise communication materials associated with benefit issues and offerings such as the employee handbook, intranet, open enrollment materials, etc.
- Insure positive customer relationships with clients and vendors.
- Interface with insurance carriers/brokers as necessary to evaluate benefit plan options, resolve claims, eligibility or billing issues. Assist employees and dependents with benefit related questions as needed.
- Manage HRIS systems and analysis including:
- Responsibility for the systems analysis, data entry and integrity and improvement of daily activities associated with various HR processes and programs such as:
- Oversee the development and maintenance of payroll and human resources information systems to ensure record keeping and reporting requirements are accurate and timely.
- Workforce Administration
- Performance Management
- Succession Planning
- Career Development
- Company-wide Employee Surveys
- Annual Review Process
- Assist with managing data in core HR tables and data bases
- Collect and analyze critical program data for HR processes and programs, including creating reports
- Recommend ways to improve existing processes and programs through the use of technology
- Ensure high quality, accurate materials and reports created by HR Technology & Programs
- Work with consultants and with vendors, as needed, for troubleshooting current systems and evaluation of new technology solutions
- Collaborate with Operations, IT consultant(s), Finance, and other business unit
- Support day-to-day end-user help requests, as requested
- Willingness to work on-site with occasional remote/telecommuting optional
- Engage employees in internal and external training opportunities.
- Facilitate and respond to unemployment inquiries.
- Complete employment verification requests.
- Maintain safety related accident/incident reports and logs. Generate the required OSHA and WISHA records, including the OSHA Form 300.
- Prepare EEOC reporting.
- Administer leave of absence program. Ensures legal compliance in providing information to employees and supervisors regarding leaves of absence and how they will affect benefits and job status.
- Assist with employee exit interviews.
- Assist with planning and implementing employee related events.
- Contribute to the refinement of all HR policies, programs and procedures.
- Research and answer employee questions regarding PTO and all payment-related issues.
- Respond to and initiate all wage garnishment notifications.
- Exercise good judgment to plan, prioritize and organize workload.
- Handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- PHR Certification preferred
- Minimum 5-10 years’ HR experience, preferred
Our team is committed to working hard & going the extra mile to provide stellar levels of service, smile and pooch bum rubs.
DDL has plenty of growth opportunities. If you have a good work ethic, great attitude and the desire to be challenged... we want to meet you. Come grow with us!
Our benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off…and the best part…bring your dog to work among many other things!
This is a non-management position
This is a full time or part time position