Come join one of the fastest growing dog daycares in the Seattle area! We are not your average doggy daycare. We have a proven track record with 13+ years of experience. We are serious about our business, casual about our attire & you can bring your dog to work. Only hip, smart, serious dog lovers need apply!
- To provide customer-oriented service that meets their needs, and to love and respect every pooch as a family member, providing warmth and care to the very best of our ability
- To create a safe and loving environment for dogs of all sorts, from wild n’ crazy to cool & snooty to socialize, learn, and rest
- To provide a well-managed team approach where employees feel valued, and to maintain a fun, equitable & nurturing work environment for all employees
- To play and laugh a lot, every day!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list is not all-inclusive and is just a basic overview of some of the duties and responsibilities of a DDL Groomer.
- Perform basic dog grooming services (including haircutting, brushing, bathing, conditioning, cleaning of ears and dremeling of nails)
- Correctly and safely handle all dogs in your care
- Communicate well with pet parent's and correctly follow instructions on desired haircuts including breed standards
- Complete all required grooming logs, paperwork, before and after photos and callbacks
- Complete all cleaning tasks designated to groomers
- A willingness to continue building grooming business and clientele
- Provide and maintain personal clippers, blades, and other hand tools required for grooming services
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Grooming license or certification. (Please be able to provide proof if asked)
Skills and Abilities of the Successful DDL Crew Member:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Reliable transportation and a willingness to transport a dog in an emergency situation
- Previous professional experience working with dogs (daycare, shelter, vet tech, etc.)
- The ability to lift 45 lbs
- The ability to endure physically challenging labor for the majority of the shift
- Strong time management skills
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Quick reaction time to unpredictable situations
- Comfortable working in a loud environment
- Strong customer service skills including good communication
- Intelligent self-starter who can work independently and make common sense decisions
- Initial training shifts will require either day time or afternoon availability
Our team is committed to working hard & going the extra mile to provide stellar levels of service, smile and pooch bum rubs.
DDL has plenty of growth opportunities. If you have a good work ethic, great attitude and the desire to be challenged... we want to meet you. Come grow with us!
Our benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off…and the best part…bring your dog to work among many other things!
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs