Come join one of the fastest growing dog daycares in the Seattle area! We are not your average doggy daycare. We have a proven track record with 17+ years of experience.
Our purpose and values:
- We are industry leaders, delivering PEACE OF MIND in a safe environment by caring for every dog as our own.
- Cultivating the bond between pooches and their people by serving generations of pups for life.
- Respectfully supporting one another with integrity in all that we do.
- Expanding the HEART of our house into the community with love and passion.
Dog Handlers provide direct care for dogs, toward both health and safety. The position is responsible for supervising dogs while in the park.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a list of general job responsibilities. This list is not all-inclusive and may be amended to meet changing business needs. Dog Handlers:
- Actively oversee a designated dog park in-person to ensure positive and safe dog interactions; mitigate escalating behaviors
- Assist with dog rotations and mealtimes
- Assist with running dogs at check in and check out
- Perform additional services such as dog walks, dog jogs, and one-on-one ball play
- Clean up after dogs and perform other essential cleaning and disinfection tasks
- Follow safety guidelines and protocols
- Provide exceptional customer service, including transparent communication
- Develop strong relationships with customers (pooches and people)
- Communicate and participate as part of team
- Attend daily recap meetings, as well as read and understand recap daily
- Uphold the Purpose and Core Values of the business in actions and words
- Develop thorough knowledge and understanding of dog breeds and dog behavior
- Perform other daily tasks as assigned by the Pack Leader and/or Supervisors
- Cross train for other positions within the company over time
- Attend periodic trainings and All Team Meetings
- Mentor new team members as assigned
- Uphold DDL Purpose and Values, communicating clearly, openly, honestly, and kindly
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Experience working professionally with dogs, 1+ years preferred
- Comfortable working within close proximity to dogs in play park
- Desire to develop a thorough understanding of dog behavior
- Quick reaction time to unpredictable situations
- Comfortable working in a loud environment
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Comfortable standing for 8 hours at a time
- Able to lift 45 pounds
If you have a good work ethic, great attitude and the desire to grow... we want to meet you. Come grow with us!
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs