Come join one of the fastest growing dog daycares and grooming salons in the Seattle area! We are not your average doggy daycare. We have a proven track record with 17+ years of experience.
Our purpose and values:
- We are industry leaders, delivering PEACE OF MIND in a safe environment by caring for every dog as our own.
- Cultivating the bond between pooches and their people by serving generations of pups for life.
- Respectfully supporting one another with integrity in all that we do.
- Expanding the HEART of our house into the community with love and passion.
Dog Trainers at Downtown Dog Lounge work as an essential member of the team, ensuring client training needs are met, new employees are fully trained and skilled with handling dogs, and enrichment daycare is offered and thriving.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following is a list of general job responsibilities for the Trainer position.
- Evaluation of potential new dogs for daycare and boarding
- Small group enrichment daycare sessions for high energy and shy dogs as well as puppies
- One-on-one obedience training for daycare and boarding dogs
- Obedience training in a small group class setting
- Ongoing training and support for new and tenured team members
- Ongoing quality assurance of dog handling operations
- Email and phone correspondence with clients for scheduling and follow up training recaps
- Exceptional customer service
- Dog Training Certification
- Professional Dog Training Experience, 2+ years preferred
- Experience with Professional Dog Daycare preferred
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong time management skills
- Strong client relations skills
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Ability to lift at least 45 lbs.
- Leads by example and exemplifies the DDL Core Values in actions and behaviors
- Inspires others through his/her professionalism and work integrity
- Responds creatively to “continuous change” and steady growth environment
- Solutions-oriented team player
- High level of confidentiality and discretion
- Seeks out information, training, and other resources needed to facilitate continual professional development necessary to be successful in this position
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position
- Participates in the building and maintaining of a positive and healthy organizational culture
Our team is committed to going the extra mile to provide stellar levels of service, smiles and pooch bum rubs.
Our benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Paid Time Off…and the best part…bring your dog to work among many other things!
If you have a good work ethic, great attitude and the desire to grow... we want to meet you. Come grow with us!
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs