Downtown Dog Lounge is not your average doggie daycare! We are a local woman-owned business that grew from very humble beginnings in 2002. We have a proven track record of over 19+ years of dedicated experience in this field. Our commitment to hiring the best employees to care for our pups and clients is well recognized in the community, as Downtown Dog Lounge was recently awarded as the winner of King 5 Evening Magazine's Best Doggie Daycare in 2021’s Best of Western Washington viewer’s poll. We have many happy pups, many happy clients, and many devoted employees.
At Downtown Dog Lounge (DDL) we provide doggie daycare, boarding, grooming, bathing, training and enrichment for dogs at three (3) locations in the Seattle area: South Lake Union, Elliott, and Ballard. We also have a Dog Bakery in Fremont and a dog-friendly bar with indoor and outdoor dog parks in Ballard called the Dog Yard Bar!
We are serious about our business and take pride in a rapid pace work environment where diversity and teamwork are celebrated. Our purpose? We are leaders, delivering peace of mind in a safe environment by caring for every dog as our own.
Come join Downtown Dog Lounge! We are looking for Full Time and/or Part Time Daytime, Daytime and Evening, Front Desk Concierge positions. If you love dogs and strive at providing excellent customer service this is the job for you.
Our stores are open seven (7) days a week with crews scheduled shifts in early morning shifts, mid-day shifts, or evening shifts.
Our purpose and values:
- We are industry leaders, delivering PEACE OF MIND in a safe environment by caring for every dog as our own.
- Cultivating the bond between pooches and their people by serving generations of pups for life.
- Respectfully supporting one another with integrity in all that we do.
- Expanding the HEART of our house into the community with love and passion.
The Concierge provides customer service to all clients, in person and over the phone. They are responsible for checking clients in, processing payments when checking out, and running dogs into the back of house.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list is not all-inclusive and is just a basic overview of some of the duties and responsibilities of a DDL Welcome Desk Concierge.
- Work the Welcome Desk - Check Ins, Check Outs, Scheduling, Payments
- Positively represent the Downtown Dog Lounge brand, developing a thorough knowledge of brand messaging
- Develop in depth knowledge of services and products offered at Downtown Dog Lounge
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Maintain standards of cleanliness and organization
- Visual merchandising, keeping retail fresh, current and rotated as needed
- Assist with retail promotions
- Keep DDL sparkling clean
- Wrangle our Pooches
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Customer service experience
- Prefer previous professional experience working with dogs (daycare, shelter, vet tech, etc.)
Skills and Abilities of the Successful DDL Crew Member:
- Strong customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Intelligent self-starter who can work independently and make common sense decisions
- Effective communication and coordination skills
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. and stand for up to 8 hours
- Feel comfortable in a large group of dogs
- Quick reaction time to unpredictable situations
- Comfortable working in an often loud fast paced environment
For Full Time employees we offer a great benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance. The company also provides a very generous contribution each month towards employees premiums.
All employees are offered Paid Time Off and there are several perks and discounts such as grooming services, treats, training, and the best part…bring your dog to work!
If you have a good work ethic, great attitude and the desire to grow... we want to meet you. Come grow with us!
Department: Welcome Desk
This is a non-management position
This is a full time or part time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs