Downtown Dog Lounge is not your average doggie daycare! We are a local woman-owned business that grew from very humble beginnings in 2002. We have a proven track record of over 19+ years of dedicated experience in this field. Our commitment to hiring the best employees to care for our pups and clients is well recognized in the community, as Downtown Dog Lounge was recently awarded as the winner of King 5 Evening Magazine's Best Doggie Daycare in 2021’s Best of Western Washington viewer’s poll. We have many happy pups, many happy clients, and many devoted employees.
At Downtown Dog Lounge (DDL) we provide doggie daycare, boarding, grooming, bathing, training and enrichment for dogs at three (3) locations in the Seattle area: South Lake Union, Elliott, and Ballard. We also have a Dog Bakery in Fremont and a dog-friendly bar with indoor and outdoor dog parks in Ballard called the Dog Yard Bar!
We are serious about our business and take pride in a rapid pace work environment where diversity and teamwork are celebrated. Our purpose? We are leaders, delivering peace of mind in a safe environment by caring for every dog as our own.
Downtown Dog Lounge (DDL) is looking for an Overnight Crew Member to join the team. We are serious about our business, casual about our attire & you can bring your dog to work. Only hip, smart, serious dog lovers need apply!
Our purpose and values:
- We are industry leaders, delivering PEACE OF MIND in a safe environment by caring for every dog as our own
- Cultivating the bond between pooches and their people by serving generations of pups for life
- Respectfully supporting one another with integrity in all that we do
- Expanding the HEART of our house into the community with love and passion
We have an exciting opportunity for an Overnight Crew Member (or Night Owl) to join our team! This position works overnight hours from 9:15pm – 6:15am. The Overnight Crew Member is responsible for ensuring the health and safety of all boarding dogs, completing detailed cleaning projects and small group dog let outs throughout the night.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list is not all-inclusive and is just a basic overview of some of the duties and responsibilities of a DDL Crew Member.
- Morning set up of the store
- Some meal preparation and feeding
- Interaction with clients when late drop offs and pickups occur
- Janitorial duties including mopping, vacuuming, laundry etc.
- Sanitation of dog kennels
- Feedback loop with other shifts and status reports
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prefer previous professional experience working with dogs (daycare, shelter, vet tech, etc.)
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Comfortable working within close proximity to approximately 30 dogs in an enclosed park
- Desire to develop a thorough understanding of dog behavior
- Quick reaction time to unpredictable situations
- Comfortable working in a loud environment
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Comfortable standing for 8 hours at a time
- Able to lift 45 pounds
Our team is committed to working hard & going the extra mile to provide stellar levels of service, smile and pooch bum rubs.
We are proud to offer medical, dental, vision, life insurance and commuter benefits to all benefit eligible employees (Full Time). In addition, there are also several other perks and discounts for all employees to enjoy such as grooming services, treats, training, and the added bonus that all DDL employees are able to bring their dogs to work after 30 days of employment!
DDL has plenty of growth opportunities. If you have a good work ethic, great attitude and the desire to be challenged... we want to meet you. Come grow with us!
This is a non-management position
This is a full time or part time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs