Today’s businesses are facing the most comprehensive and complicated suite of environmental regulations on record. At EDGE, we provide our clients the insight and expertise to achieve their business objectives amidst this complex landscape. We stand apart from other consulting firms by putting the client’s needs at the forefront of everything we do, delivering innovative and responsive solutions across multiple practice areas.
- As an Air Quality Specialist, you will prepare technically detailed air permit applications, including air dispersion modeling analyses, and compliance reports with high-level attention to detail, while thriving in your ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously. You will demonstrate a substantial knowledge of project details when interacting directly with major energy, manufacturing and chemical industry clients, as well as applicable regulatory agencies. Additionally, you will work closely with your fellow team members to ensure the timely completion of a technically sound project within budget.
- As a consultant at EDGE, you will utilize your well-developed communication and cognitive skills in the preparation of reports, proposals, and cost estimates. You will grow in your career through formal and informal coaching and by participating in the many training opportunities provided by the company.
- As an individual who takes initiative and accepts challenges, your career at EDGE enables you to seize the opportunity to experience increased responsibility through project management, managing staff and developing business. With your drive and leadership skills, the prospect of becoming a Partner in the future is of high interest.
- Prepare emission estimates based on site-specific information using approved state and federal calculation methodologies, prepare annual emissions inventories
- Conduct federal and state air quality regulatory reviews and assist in strategy development
- Evaluate air pollution control technologies, including economic and technical feasibility of air pollution control equipment
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and cost estimates
- BS in engineering, physical science, or related technical degree
- At least 3 years of environmental consulting or industry experience with an emphasis on conducting air dispersion modeling analyses in support of federal and state air permit applications, stack height and site design studies, and emergency response planning
- Leadership potential and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication style
- Ability to multi-task under tight schedule constraints
- Strong familiarity with developing and maintaining spreadsheets and databases to track operating and emissions data
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local air quality permitting programs and related regulations
- MS in engineering, physical science, or related technical degree
- Professional certification (or actions underway to obtain these credentials) in engineering or related environmental discipline
EDGE strives to hire and retain the best and brightest candidates available in the marketplace. To be selected for this position, the candidate must possess exceptional interpersonal skills and outstanding oral and written communication skills allowing positive internal, client, and contractor relationships. Excellent technical writing skills for permit applications and reports are required, as are outstanding problem-solving abilities. The selected candidate will demonstrate a passion for the business of environmental consulting, technical excellence and quality, leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with EDGE.
EDGE offers a competitive benefits package and compensation commensurate with experience. We provide comprehensive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, an employer matched 401(k) plan, and bonus plan.
EDGE will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H‐1B visa, OPT, etc.) to fill this position.
This is a full time position