We are seeking an Associate Scientist to support biochemical efforts across multiple research projects. Working with a senior biochemist, the associate scientist would support the design, execution, and troubleshooting of protein binding assays, enzyme kinetics assays, and mechanism of action studies for the testing of small molecule inhibitors.
- Develop and execute binding and enzyme kinetic assays to support multiple projects, including HBV, RSV, and NASH.
- Assist in the characterization of small molecule inhibitors and mechanism of action studies.
- Effectively analyze data and communicate results to a multi-disciplinary project team.
- Work collaboratively with senior biochemistry team members as well as biology and virology colleagues.
- Perform general lab maintenance, including reagent preparation and ordering of lab supplies.
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Relates to employees and management in a cooperative manner that helps others to achieve their best.
- Productivity/Organizing/Planning: Meets deadlines, demonstrates effective use of time, and handles multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Communication Skills: The ability to convey both written and verbal information effectively and efficiently.
- Willingness to Acknowledge Areas for Growth: Understands need for growth and is receptive to constructive feedback.
- Detail-Oriented: Follows precise procedures and demonstrates thoroughness in performing job tasks and assignments.
Education, Prior Work Experience, and Specialized Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or related field, with 2-4 years of relevant industry or academic experience, or a Master’s degree in Biology or Biochemistry.
- Experience with protein binding assays.
- Knowledge and experience in enzyme kinetics, assay development, and optimization.
- Experience with a variety of different assay formats (e.g. FP, FRET, absorbance, SPR, MST, thermal shift).
- Experience in the kinetic characterization of substrates and enzyme inhibitors.
- Experience in the design of DNA constructs for protein expression.
- Experience in protein purification.
How to Apply
Please complete the application below and include the following attachments:
Research Summary (if applicable)
Enanta Pharmaceuticals has used its robust, chemistry-driven approach and drug discovery capabilities to become a leader in the discovery and development of small molecule drugs for the treatment of viral infections and liver diseases. Two protease inhibitors, paritaprevir and glecaprevir, discovered and developed through Enanta’s collaboration with AbbVie, have now been approved in jurisdictions around the world as part of AbbVie’s direct-acting antiviral (DAA) regimens for the treatment of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection, including the U.S. marketed regimens MAVYRET™ (glecaprevir/pibrentasvir) and VIEKIRA PAK® (paritaprevir/ritonavir/ombitasvir/dasabuvir).
Enanta is located in Watertown, MA, just minutes from Harvard, MIT, and downtown Boston. We offer a competitive compensation program and a comprehensive employee benefits package. For more details, see our Careers page.
Enanta Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religious creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other class protected by law.