Do you thrive under pressure? Are you a master at multi-tasking and keeping a bunch of balls in the air? Do you have strong attention to detail and like to analyze information to figure out the best path forward? Are you impatient and need to get things checked off your to-do list to feel like you accomplished something for the day? Can you work well with others but are also good at keeping yourself occupied and productive? Do you like working within a structured framework that defines the process for getting your work done, but also provides plenty of leeway for you to define how it gets accomplished? Are you looking for the next big challenge in your career?
Then we have the opportunity for you!
Culton Companies, Inc. is looking for a Project Manager for our Method-1 division. At Method-1, we partner with clients all over the Southeast to design, fabricate, and install incredible branded commercial interiors. If that sounds like a bunch of gobbledygook, do us both a favor and look up our website and click through our gallery. Seriously. Cool. Stuff.
As a Project Manager, you will be assigned projects after they have gone through the design process and have been sold, and then work hand-in-hand with our clients and our internal teams to deliver the project. Along the way, you will host project meetings, develop schedules, order special materials, hold the client’s hand, and keep everyone on track. Success is measured in equal parts timely delivery, project profitability, and client delight. Repeat business is our number 1 goal.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Schedules and leads production meetings as required by our project process.
- Works in conjunction with Sales, Production, and the client to establish all timelines and milestones for all phases of projects.
- Works closely with the VP of Design, the Director of Operations, the Production Manager, the Director of Production Design, and specific Shop Leads to fine-tune all timelines/milestones within the context of the full production schedule.
- Establishes a line of communication between the client, account rep, and production team to ensure all client needs/expectations are met.
- Reviews approval plans, construction documents, graphic proofs, material take-offs, etc. for accuracy and ensures that any inaccuracies are corrected.
- Verifies that all needed materials are correctly sourced and ordered.
- Verifies that any and all pertinent project information (via the sales order/contract, shop drawings, & job binders, graphics proofs/layouts, etc.) is relayed to the production team in a way that is appropriate and fulfills the parameters of the purchase agreement.
- Creates all Action Lists, Task Lists, Work Orders, and Punch Lists needed to supplement the plans/drawings that are provided to the shop. These documents should also account for the timelines & milestones established on projects.
- Maintains consistent communication with production leads and various departments ensuring deadlines & milestones are met.
- Travels as needed to the project location to verify and coordinate site conditions with the client and/or General Contractor.
- Maintains an up-to-date list of all tasks and key dates in our project management software system.
- Conducts quality control checks on all items/components produced for a project, and makes sure any and all QC issues are corrected prior to inspections. PMs also ensure that completed products are properly photographed.
- Coordinates & Directs all internal and client inspections conducted on projects.
- Oversees the packing/shipping/installation of projects via the Lead Installer assigned to the project.
- Confirms that a thorough record of all projects are appropriately archived for future reference.
- Several other things that I can't think of right now.
If this sounds like a lot, that’s OK! A) we have an onboarding process where we will work with you to teach you everything you need to know at your own pace, and B) we all work as a team, so someone has always got your back. Also, while we work hard, we play hard. We offer competitive pay based on experience (and potential), a 401K plan with employer match, Blue Cross insurance, a generous PTO policy, foosball in the breakroom, regular company cookouts, pot-luck lunches, and Food Truck Fridays.
This position is based in our Birmingham, AL corporate headquarters facility. It is a full-time 40-hour per week, M-F 8:00-5:00 (or thereabouts) salaried position.
Let’s be honest, if you’ve read this far then this opportunity probably sounds pretty good to you. Send us your resume and cover letter and we’ll see where it goes. Maybe you’ll be our next Rock Star PM!
Department: Project Management
This is a non-management position