Salary- $90,000 - $93,600
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Records incoming medication and examines new residents upon admission.
- Ensures that residents receive timely medical and dental exams upon admission, in accordance with Title 22 and STRTP guidelines.
- Assesses sick or injured residents for the need to see a physician and arranges for medical appointments when necessary, documenting in the nursing record.
- Instructs staff in the proper administration of prescribed treatments. Advises staff about the need for health care education.
- Provides TB tests to staff as requested, and provides records of tests to the People and Culture Department.
- Provides TB tests to residents.
MEDICATION and MEDICAL SUPPLIES:
- Registers new medications, performs weekly counts, disposes of outdated or extra medication, and orders new medication.
- Disseminates information regarding medication side effects, and consults with staff about such effects.
- Orders medical supplies as needed.
- Ensures that medication and other medical supplies are stored properly and accounted for regularly.
- Facilitates psychiatrists' orders.
- Monitors parental and court consent to administer medication.
- Assist clients to administer their medications.
- Audits client medication records.
- Prepares health care summaries for each resident.
- Documents medical/dental and other health care specialists' consultation notes.
- Prepares residents' medical histories upon admission.
- Advises administration and pediatrician of any "red flags" such as new bruises, contagious conditions or significant medical histories of inter-current problems.
- Prepares discharge reports.
- Maintains inventory and safety of the medicine cabinets in the Health Care Center and in the houses.
- Checks house medication logs and other records for accuracy. Records orders from physicians in house medication logs.
- Reviews medication incident reports and routes them properly.
EDUCATION and LIAISON:
- Provides staff training for new employees about assisting clients to administer medication, basic health care procedures, and use of first aid (not to substitute for formal first aid training).
- Provides ongoing support to the childcare staff about health care issues.
- Provides a liaison to the CHDP nurse, the Public Health Department, the pediatrician and other community agencies regarding health care problems for these residents.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
TO perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
- Must be a registered nurse in the state of CA
- Experience with troubled children
- Experience with medication monitoring and quality assurance methods
- Experience working with other health care professionals
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work with aggressive children.
- Ability to collaborate with other health care professionals.
- Ability to write & communicate clearly
- Ability to provide accurate, timely documentation
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge, and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in cross-cultural situations.
CATHOLIC CHARITIES IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and is committed to providing equal employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, legal domicile status, veteran status, disability or AIDS/HIV status or any other characteristic protected under federal or state law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Department or Program: St. Vincents School for Boys
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Union status: Non-union
Fingerprinting clearance: Required
TB Screening: Required
First Aid Certificate: Standard First Aid required
COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination:
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs