About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
The successful candidate must know basic payroll concepts, benefit and pension principles and apply them daily. They must understand, follow and assist with the development of departmental procedures and forms and help to keep them updated, assist with department projects and adapt to change in an ever-changing environment.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills to liaison between employee, internal departments and governing bodies.
Payroll Data Management
- Review error reports prior to and after processors complete data entry
- Follow up with processors and provide direction on errors
- Review all incoming changes for accuracy and completeness
- Apply and comply with all Employment Standards, Provincial regulations and company policy – ensure compliance of incoming changes including Statutory holiday pay, Overtime, vacation legislation, various leaves - EI sick leave, Maternity leave, Terminations and termination pay etc.
- Follow up with Corporate Resources and Direct leaders if required
- Communicate and track all upcoming changes by pay period facilitate meetings to ensure all changes have been received
- Daily problem solving
- Daily communication with corporate resources, leaders from various locations across Canada, payroll manager, and pay processors. Report all major issues to payroll manager and assist with resolution.
- Daily communication with employees concerning follow-up requests, issue resolution, and information requests – delegate as required.
- External communications and processing monthly invoices with: Provincial medical plan – BC, Canada Revenue Agency, Ceridian (CDN & US), Provincial governments: re: health tax Ontario (EHT), and Revenue Quebec, Workers Compensation Boards of Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, BC, Nova Scotia, and Manitoba.
- Assist with year-end processes including – review YTD information for accuracy, compliance, and balance all statutory deductions to tax forms. Review and report errors to payroll manager, assist with necessary corrections. Balancing, reconciling and updating of reports.
- Assist with training of new staff
- Payroll back up as required
Pension / TFSA / RRSP Plans
- Track incoming changes to employee demographic or contribution changes
- Distribution of Pension Plan information packages to employees and monitor receipt of pension plan applications and deduction start dates, voluntary elections, and mandatory percentage increases based on plan type and years of service
- Follow up on missing forms and information
- Track contribution start dates and provide payroll processors with contribution deduction amounts based on plan type and eligibility
- Review incoming applications for new accounts under the RRSP and TFSA plans and provide direction to payroll processor for data entry
- Provide updates to Retirement services based on employee changes, additions and terminations along with voluntary and mandatory elections for Pension, RRSP and TFSA accounts
- Bi-Weekly; Run TFSA, RRSP, and Pension contribution reports for the Vertica and GWLRA plans to summarize payroll deductions by employee for Group Retirement Services
- Balance contributions to payroll deductions, prepare and remit payment and submit contribution information to retirement services through GRS Access
- Track forfeitures, deposit refunds, and prepare Pension Adjustment Reversal forms for employees and CRA within the guidelines for remittance.
- Monthly audit for accuracy of premium deductions between GroupNet and Payroll
- Ensure accuracy of all incoming forms and request follow-ups if required
- Audit changes in employee status and transitions to different pay type affecting benefit eligibility, make entries in GroupNet and provide direction to processor for payroll changes.
- Monitor and administer direction to payroll processor for taxable benefits during employee leaves (and benefits continued).
- Monitor return to work dates, and provide direction to processors for data entry
- Initiate taxable benefit tracking and entry during leave
- Track incoming payments for employee premiums and cross reference to billings, deposit cheques for premium payment as they become due
- Administer transitions to Long Term Disability:
- Provide direction to payroll processor for vacation payout and payout communicate to leaders and employee
- Track waiver of premiums and cease waived benefits
- Track employee premium payment where continued
- Liaison between employee and Great-West Life benefits
- Internal contacts: GWL Sr. Benefit Client Specialist, employees, payroll processors, managers, and payroll manager.
- Prepare billings for WCB premiums based on assessable earnings of employees and GWLRA payrolls in the various provinces, based on the individual governing bodies and separate premium rates (monthly)
- Balance and submit WCB invoicing for the various provinces to A/P for payment
- Remit payment to vendors by deadline
- Balance benefit bill payments to payroll deductions, request payments for 12 GWLRA Canadian group billings and the GWLRA U.S. benefit plan (monthly)
- BC Med Premiums (monthly)
- RRSP, TFSA, Pension – contribution preparation and balancing, cheque and deduction balancing, and payment remittance to GRS
Allocation & Invoicing to Clients
- Individual employee allocation maintenance – bi-weekly
- Run and export payment amounts to excel for balancing from: the payroll system, and GroupNet to capture all costs associated to property management employees are charged back to the clients as per the individual employee allocations
- Balance billings and premiums collected to ensure accuracy
- Create invoicing and upload files
- Report assessable earnings to Provincial WCB Accounts: AB, BC, ON, NS, MB, QC
- Remit payment for premiums collected
- File incoming claims
- Fill out necessary forms to change status in payroll
- Track returns to work
- Liaison with managers and WCB / Human Resources on Return to work, and follow up on additional information required by the WCB claims adjudicator.
Responsible for Year End tasks which include the following: WCB, T4/RL1, CPT30, Taxable Benefits, CPP & EI Deficiencies, gathering of WCB Rates and CNESST.
- Run reports and supply to Human Resources and management as requested
- 3-5 years of experience in payroll & benefits
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification is required
- Post-secondary education in a related field/discipline (e.g. Payroll & Administration)
- Advanced PC skills i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Outlook. Additional desktop publishing experience could be beneficial
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage one’s own time and willing to stretch the job description when needed
- Is an approachable people person, excellent communicator
- Thrives in a heavy workload environment and meets deadlines in an extremely fast paced environment
- Maintains the highest standard of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
What we Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs