About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
The Prairie Region Accounting & Finance team is comprised of three smaller teams, yet it operates under the “one big team” banner. We are seeking someone with a positive, friendly and collaborative personality who is a hard worker and knows how to have fun at work. You will need to be a highly organized individual as organizational skills are a must have to succeed in this role.
This is a hybrid paid position for the duration of May to September.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Real Estate Accountant – Summer Student will perform a variety of tasks in accordance with GWLRA Policies and Procedures, Client agreements, and prevailing requirements of accounting and industry bodies. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Monthly maintenance of the general ledger including:
- Review, reconciliation, and accrual of revenue and operating expenses
- Calculation of tenant recovery over/under billing based on year-to-date actual occupancy and costs
- Review and reconciliation of balance sheet suspense accounts and prepaid expenses
- Variance analysis of select revenue accounts
- Complete and distribute reports including:
- Monthly income and capital expenditure statements
- Cash flow reporting, where required
- Review tenant lease maintenance in Yardi:
- Determine operating cost and property tax charges for new leases
- Confirm accuracy and data integrity to the lease document
- Review and approval of monthly rent roll billing reports
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in an Accounting and/or Business Post-Secondary Program and planning to return to school fall 2023
- Intention to pursue post-secondary CPA designation
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Pivot Tables, Teams, Outlook, and Word;
- Detail oriented;
- Managing multiple priorities within tight deadlines;
- Appreciation and willingness to work within a standard set of parameters;
- Superior oral and written skills;
- Good problem-solving ability;
- Able to work both independently as well as with a team framework;
- Deadline driven;
What we Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a summer student position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs