About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
Run the Recreation Ground facility during the 2023 summer season (May - September) as a Building Services Porter. You will oversee the seasonal operations of the Canada Life Recreation Grounds located at 2 Oxford Street East, London Ontario.
This is a casual position which will require selected candidates to have the flexibility to work 7 days per week, including statutory holidays from May 1, 2023 to September 30, 2023. Shifts are scheduled in accordance with the reservation requirements of the grounds and will include a variety of morning, afternoon and evening shifts that typically average a total of 25-30 hours per week. After Labour day, the grounds operate on reduced hours until the end of September. Preference will be given to candidates who have availability t work part-time evenings and weekends.
- Maintain clubhouse and grounds in a clean and orderly condition, performing various duties per a daily/weekly schedule for both interior and exterior areas
- Communicate with employees by telephone and in person to coordinate bookings, take reservations and confirm events already booked
- Set up all amenities required to support employee and department events (i.e., barbecues, tables, equipment), assist groups as necessary during events and ensure a smooth transition between morning and afternoon bookings
- Set up and maintain all areas for league sporting activity - baseball field, volleyball court and tennis courts
- Perform routine inspections of property and make and/or report repairs necessary
- Respond to and resolve incidents and problems accordingly
- Dependable and reliable with self-motivation to perform tasks independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills, especially for the need of ensuring all users uphold guidelines
- Required to work in an outside environment with exposure to a variety of weather elements
- Must possess current Standard First-aid and CPR certificate
- Must supply own steel toe safety shoes
- Must be capable of performing physical tasks that requires lifting up to 50 lbs
What we Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a contract position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs