About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
During this term, the student will have the unique opportunity to participate in a case study where they'll recommend amenities and in-suite features for one of our new residential development projects. Students will present their findings to senior management for an opportunity to have their recommendations integrated into the final product offering.
Annual Budgets and Business Plans
- Assist in the execution of the annual business plan process, including:
- Gathering relevant market data for all assets within the portfolio through MSCI, CBRE, CMHC and other market sources.
- Updating the centralized database with both market and proprietary historical information.
- Ensuring that the business plan templates reflect these changes appropriately
- Ensuring that the business plan templates are professionally completed and are reviewed for technical accuracy and aesthetic errors before they are finalized.
- Working with senior individuals on the portfolio management team as well as the individual asset managers to ensure that all templates are finalized in a timely manner.
- Working alongside the experienced analyst on the team to extract information out of individual business plans so aggregated portfolio views can be formed to make strategic decisions about individual portfolios.
- Assist in the review of the annual budgets which would include rolling up property level budgets to create portfolio and client centric views.
- Support the portfolio’s asset valuation process
- Identify and assess market value trends across regions and asset classes
- Perform ad-hoc portfolio analysis to track performance and gain insights to drive future strategy, investment, and asset management initiatives. These include analysis of portfolio returns, risk, allocations, attribution studies, capital flow projections and others as required.
- Currently enrolled in university, ideally in a business or real estate related degree and planning to return to school fall 2023.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- An understanding of real estate finance and valuation techniques is required. Experience with Argus Enterprise would be considered an asset.
- Strong proficiency with MS PowerPoint in creating high-level formal and ad-hoc reporting presentations.
- Experience with Power BI and other data visualization tools would be considered an asset.
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel including being able to prepare and work with dynamic models and experience with Pivot and Power Pivot based tools. Experience with VBA coding or other coding languages would be considered an asset.
What we Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a summer student position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs