About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
The National Research Services and Strategy Team creates strategies and market insights that support the long-term growth and performance of GWL Realty Advisors and managed property investments. This includes analysis and dissemination of real estate, economic and demographic data, as well as creation of thought leadership pieces and market presentations for clients and stakeholders.
The individual will report to the Senior Director, Research Services and Strategy, working closely with the Vice President, Research Services and Strategy.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Leverage and hone your data analysis, writing and critical thinking skills.
- Contribute to the growth and strategic direction of clients and managed property funds.
- Support decision marking for portfolio management, investments, development, leasing and asset management.
- Work collaboratively with teams across major Canadian cities in a dynamic, national role.
- Engage actively with senior leaders across the organization including department and corporate executives.
- Become an internal subject matter expert on various industry sectors or property asset classes.
- Synthesize and summarize large amounts of qualitative and quantitative information
Data Management and Analysis:
- Gather and analyze data from third-party sources. This includes data providers, Statistics Canada, bank economists, real estate brokers, and other publicly available and industry relevant sources.
- Analyze internal building and portfolio-level data, including tenant, financial, valuation and return metrics.
- Build and maintain models, dashboards and market forecasts in both spreadsheets and business intelligence applications. Manage a monthly, quarterly or annual data collection and analysis schedule.
- Work collaboratively and actively manage data contracts with vendors and third party providers.
- Contribute to sharing of research internally by managing SharePoint and intranet sites on behalf of the Research Services and Strategy Team.
- Create original research for clients and stakeholders. Past topics have included workplace design changes, logistics industry trends, demographic shifts, oil and natural gas industry trends, and consumer behavior.
- Understand and monitor regional economies across Canada. This includes major cities and secondary markets, as well as both urban and suburban geographies.
- Analyze real estate market fundamental and performance data.
Development of Client Materials and Presentations
- Draft reports, strategy decks and thought pieces for clients, internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Conduct and present various ad hoc analyses and research initiatives as required for both internal and external audiences.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field (graduate degree an asset)
- 3-5 years experience in any of the following areas (or related ones): economic or demographic analysis and consulting; urban land use; commercial real estate analysis; appraisal; housing strategy; investment strategy. (Combination of education and experience welcome.)
- Strong writing and analysis skills
- Experience with statistical analysis (not required, but an asset)
- Experience with data management; in particular, the use of Microsoft Excel and Business Intelligence Applications.
- Comfort with Microsoft Office (365) platform most notably PowerPoint.
What we Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs