About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
The Portfolio Management group is responsible for leading the development, execution and performance of client investment strategies. The team interfaces with internal and external capital sources and a wide variety of stakeholders to ultimately deliver positive outcomes for clients.
The successful candidate will have a well-developed real estate acumen through their prior experience in portfolio management, investments, and/or asset management function(s). Working knowledge of mortgage financing transactions and valuation methodology are key skills required for the role. Given the client facing components of the position, strong presentation and communication skills will be important. The successful candidate will possess the ability to generate and articulate recommendations and solutions that consistently meet or exceed expectations.
Planning and Strategy Execution
- Co-ordinate the development and revision of asset specific business plans in conjunction with internal teams to maximize property level performance
- Assist in devising Fund investment strategy, including diversification targets, leverage and cash management positions
- Assist in managing financing transactions
Presentation, Reporting & Marketing
- Synthesize portfolio reporting and presentations to clients, including annual reports, quarterly updates, strategy, and ad hoc discussions
- Meet with clients to deliver updates on Fund activities and performance.
- Develop and implement creative marketing campaigns to assist in capital raising initiatives
Valuation and Analysis
- Develop deep working knowledge of the portfolio(s) and drivers of performance
- Analyze market value trends across both regions and asset classes
- Work with the research group to identify and complete analyses on both macro and micro economic influences
- Analyze and report on peer group benchmark performance
Overall Portfolio Management and Reporting
- Co-ordinate analysis of portfolio returns, allocation metrics, attribution studies, cash flow projections and others as required
- Synchronize portfolio reporting and marketing to existing and prospective clients, including annual reports, quarterly updates and performance trend commentary
- Review and approve annual budgets, lease transactions, capital expenditures, acquisitions, dispositions and developments
- Minimum of 7 years of industry experience, together with your post secondary education in a related discipline such as Business, Commerce, or Real Estate
- Previous experience gained through portfolio management, investments, valuation, debt, and/or asset management is critical
- Strong valuation and analytical skills together with your collaborative and adaptable nature will allow you to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Be a team player but also be able to work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to converse in French would be an asset though not a requirement
- Additional educational and professional designations (AACI, CFA, MBA, etc.) will be considered.
What we Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs