About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
Upon completion of site-specific operational training this position will be an afternoon shift Monday to Friday 3pm – 11pm.
Once every 6th week the shift will be Sunday 7am-3pm, Tuesday to Thursday 3pm-11pm and Saturday 7am-3pm. During this 6th week shift, you will be on-call.
- Assist in the efficient, effective, and successful control of all base building equipment and systems such as chillers, centrifugal pumps and various air-handling systems etc
- Assist contractors in the completion of required tasks. Obtain estimates and quotations for proposed work in the building as required.
- Perform water treatment chemical testing, critical system testing, life safety systems testing and base building emergency generator systems.
- Actively participate in energy management practices and programs for all mechanical and electrical building systems.
- Provide tour and inspection reports on an ongoing basis. Support all maintenance programs and participate in ongoing improvements.
- Participate and support in environmental compliance initiatives and adhere to all WHMIS requirements in place.
- Ensure cleanliness and housekeeping conditions are fully observed to only the highest standards in all mechanical and electrical services rooms.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance using Angus PM system.
- Perform demand maintenance and repairs to required fans, pumps, etc as required.
- Respond to Tenant Service Request using the Angus TR system, ensuring departmental response timelines are met, accurate notes are applied upon completion and face-to-face follow up with tenants when required.
- Ensure that all Corporate OH&S Policies, Procedures and Programs are implemented and strictly followed, including Environmental, Sustainability, and Property Management Policies and Procedures
- Track and schedule work, ensuring all annual compliance testing and inspections are completed.
- Manage tenant work order requests using the Angus TR system while ensuring tenants are satisfied with building operation matters
- Maintain operator logs, checklists, and inspections
- 2+ years of experience in commercial, retail or industrial property management operations
- Strong knowledge of Building HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, BAS Systems and Life Safety Systems.
- 4th class interprovincial operating engineering license or Building Environmental Systems Operators (BES) 1 & 2 certifications or BOMA SMT with experience.
- A highly collaborative & team-oriented personality as we all work closely together, and problem solve together
- A hands-on mechanical and electrical professional with strong analytical trouble-shooting skills
- Passion for sustainability, energy management and operational excellence
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Capable of taking initiative and making recommendations
- The ability to alter shifts with notice work when required to provide sufficient building coverage and available to participate in the on-call rotation for after hours emergency coverage.
What we Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs