About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Reporting & Analysis, the Analyst at GWL Realty Advisors Residential will be responsible for supporting a portfolio of multi-residential and mixed-use properties across Canada. We are looking for an individual to join our team of real estate professionals who is excited to be part of our company and has a mindset of operational excellence, continuous improvement, business partnering, and a high standard of integrity. This role will be an integral part of each element of the business - Asset Management, Operations, Marketing and Leasing and Project Management.
The Analyst role is responsible for the analysis and presentation of key business initiatives that improve property financial results which include reporting of operating and capital results, vacancy and leasing reports, supporting operations resource planning models, and expense allocations of pooled costs across the portfolio. This role interacts with asset management team, operations, and accounting teams and brings superior business partnering skills to all interactions.
Data Management and Reporting
- Maintain and update financial consolidation model producing consolidated financial statements for property portfolio
- Generate weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports that include, among others, operating and capital results, vacancy and lease reports, pooled-cost expense allocations, and operations resource planning models
- Provide insight into financial variances and operating results
Modeling and Analysis
- Work closely with Assistant Manager to provide consolidated reporting and analysis and support ad hoc request
- Work closely with the Operations and Asset Management teams to provide data analytics to support business initiatives, business result improvements and strategic initiative decision support
- Work closely with operations team to support resource planning models and labor allocations including variance analysis.
Collaboration + Business Partnering
- Support operations team and asset management team with reporting and analysis as required
- Support senior management requests for information and analysis
- Ability to communicate and share information in visual dashboard presentations
- Work with accounting team to allocate pooled expenses to applicable properties in accordance with management agreements
- Other duties as required
- 1-3 years experience in financial modeling and reporting (ideally in real estate)
- Self-starter with exceptional analytical, data management, financial dashboard modeling and reporting skills including advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work with large amounts of data and work well under pressure
- Post-secondary education: accounting designation is an asset
- Accurate and detail-oriented; ability to interpret information and present it in simple manner; strong problem-solving skills
- Yardi 7S experience is an asset
- A collaborative team player with strong initiative and a passion for real estate
What we Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs