About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
We are looking for a Senior Property Administrator to assist with a variety of administrative functions based out of our 90 Elgin St property management office. Reporting directly to the Property Manager, this role is responsible for the administration and processing of accounts receivable and collections of tenant rental payments and providing overall administrative support to the Property Management team.
- Perform all rental account and invoice administration, including reconciliations, collections and all related tasks.
- Oversee annual rental notices and year-end adjustments by the deadline dates; ensure final billings are issued promptly
- Issue monthly tenant statements and regularly reconcile their accounts; respond to tenant lease inquiries
- Complete various reports; including monthly Accounts Receivable reports and Payables reports by deadlines,
- Work with tenants and accounting to respond to year end variance questions and account reconciliations
- Manage lease charge backs to tenants
- Coordinate and administer year end accrual process with accounting
- Assist the Property Manager in the budget preparation and data entry into Yardi.
- Assist the Property Manager with monthly client reports
- Administer the purchase order system and contract administration, including development of an annual contract summary to ensure renewals are in place before expiry.
- Track and administer capital projects expense billing, assist with capital expense project close out
- Set-up and monitor the Contractor/Vendor supplier lists in the vendor maintenance program
- Ensure proper file management and archive of files, for receivables, payables and tenant lease files
- Assist Property Manager with compilations and maintenance of all documentation, binders, files, electronic filing, expense reports and various administration duties
- Provide back-up coverage to Property Administrator to ensure relief for reception
- Liaison with tenants and suppliers; respond quickly to payable inquiries and disputes regarding invoices; maintaining a strong focus on good customer service.
- Assist Property Manager with tenant issues & concerns, lease compliance and maintaining strong Landlord-Tenant relations.
- Back up Property Administrator position, as required
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in property administration/real estate property accounting
- Related post-secondary education (accounting, business, finance, and/or economics)
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills, ability to cope with changing client needs and deliver successful results within the time frame
- High initiative, professional and flexible
- Proficient in both MS Offices applications and property management systems
- Bilingualism an asset
- Must have, or have the ability to obtain, Secret Level II clearance with Government of Canada
What we Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
- Up to $400 to use towards wellness annually to help support your financial, physical, and mental wellness
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs