About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
We’ve got an exciting opportunity for a Supervisor, Revenue Accounting in our Real Estate team in Mississauga. This is a key leadership and mentorship role that requires an experienced person who is passionate about people management and customer service. As a team player, you will work collaboratively with the Controller and other teams in the organization to help manage and report on our real estate. We are looking for a charismatic leader who is an expert in the accounting world. This is your opportunity to join a well-established real estate company, be involved in exciting projects and make an impact!
- Inspire and develop existing talent on the team, identify team strengths and opportunities.
- Act as a mentor for the accounting team to nurture a career path and help make the connection between their contributions and business success.
- Make strategic hires based on current and future needs; hire for attitude and character not just aptitude.
- Keep top of mind the impact on employee engagement for every decision and action. Act as role model to encourage the team and stakeholders to see things differently and embrace change.
- Supervise a team of 3 Senior Revenue Accountants and Revenue Accountants.
- Review and verify lease abstracts and other amendments to lease made by Revenue Accountants and Senior Revenue Accountants to ensure completeness and accuracy within Yardi. Review and verify daily deposits. Co-ordinate the monthly preparation of Detailed Accounts Receivable, Revenue Variance, Bad Debts provision, GPR and SLR reports.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of chargeback and workorder invoices.
- Troubleshoot various issues as they arise pertaining to the revenue accounting.
- Liaise between Real Estate Accountants and Revenue Accountants to resolve matters.
- Set up and maintain Revenue Accounting Policies and Procedures, and ensure they are being followed. Attend monthly meetings with the Controller to assist in the standardization of Revenue Accountant duties throughout the region.
- Assist in the automated year end billing process in Yardi.
- Involvement in acquisition and disposition of assets as it pertains to Revenue Accounting processes.
- Co-ordinate preparation and distribution of annual rent estimates for the tenant rental schedules.
- Liaise between Leasing and Property Management Departments in order to resolve issues with tenants moving in and out, and various other matters from time to time.
- Manage the Revenue Accounting group - Recruit and train new Revenue Accountants and Senior Revenue Accountants. Develop, mentor, motivate and recognize staff. Co-ordinate staff so that appropriate resources are available during peak periods and act as back-up when necessary (due to staff absences or critical (deadlines).
- Ensure all write offs are properly supported and recorded in Yardi.
Overall Management Responsibilities
- Support and train staff on accounting policies, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure high levels of customer service and communication by all team members.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement; challenging the status quo, by designing and implementing efficient and effective processes.
- CPA designation is an asset but not required
- University or college degree in business and accounting
- Minimum of five years experience in Real Estate Accounting
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Adept at managing resources and staff
- Familiarity with Yardi Voyager 7S or any other Real Estate ERP
- Above average skills in Excel (knowledge of v-lookups/pivot tables/vba)
- Experience in Commercial Assets
What We Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- $400 to use towards wellness spending account (until Dec 31st, 2023)
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
CIGWL utilise la plateforme d’un tiers, soit un système de gestion des candidatures (pour l’acquisition de talents), afin de gérer son processus de recrutement. Pour connaître la politique de protection des renseignements personnels du fournisseur du système de gestion pour l’acquisition de talents, cliquez sur ce lien. Si vous choisissez de postuler à un poste chez nous ou de recevoir nos offres d’emploi, vos renseignements personnels seront aussi recueillis par CIGWL et utilisés conformément à notre Politique de protection des renseignements personnels (cliquez ici pour lire la politique de protection des renseignements personnels de Conseillers immobiliers GWL inc.).
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs