About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
Ensure the efficient, effective and productive management of the physical plant facilities and operating staff at a mixed office, retail and industrial portfolio.
For candidates in British Columbia, the salary range for this position is $61,600 - $102,700 annually.
Capital Project Work
- Oversee tenant improvement work and obtain proposals and pricing for work
- Review all work permits daily to ensure awareness of all contractor work occurring in the building.
- Review and monitor building functions and provide direction to staff and trades
- Collaborate with Property Manager and/or Operations Manager in completing capital projects on time and on budget
- Be an active participant in possible redevelopment projects as needed
- Supervise and manage building staff (scheduling, training, performance management, etc.)
- Provide timely feedback to building staff and assist Property Manager and/or Operations Manager with performance reviews.
- Train & mentor building operators and assist with development plans.
- Ensure daily inspections of mechanical and electrical service areas
- Supervise maintenance management system operations
- Implement and supervise procedures for the maintenance, operation, and repairs of buildings and equipment
- Ensure regular & periodic scheduled maintenance is performed, including period tests/inspections, training, fire drills, etc.
- Daily review of all completed service requests to ensure SLAs consistently met + delivered
Budgeting + Reporting
- Partner with management to prepare annual operating budgets for a variety of properties
- Prepare monthly variance, property, and activity reports
- Ensure all required monthly and other periodic reporting is completed.
Health + Safety
- Maintain site specific WHMIS and health and safety programs
- Collaborate with management to ensure property is compliant with health & safety programs.
- Ensure policies & procedures are followed and advise and update team on policy and procedure updates.
- 5+ years of commercial building operations experience
- 4th Class Power Engineer
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Building Sciences and/or Trades training
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills able to interact confidently with various internal and external stakeholders
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Experience completing reports and budgets focused on decreasing repair costs and increasing energy management initiatives
- Vehicle and clean driver’s license required
What We Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- $400 to use towards wellness spending account (until Dec 31st, 2023)
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
CIGWL utilise la plateforme d’un tiers, soit un système de gestion des candidatures (pour l’acquisition de talents), afin de gérer son processus de recrutement. Pour connaître la politique de protection des renseignements personnels du fournisseur du système de gestion pour l’acquisition de talents, cliquez sur ce lien. Si vous choisissez de postuler à un poste chez nous ou de recevoir nos offres d’emploi, vos renseignements personnels seront aussi recueillis par CIGWL et utilisés conformément à notre Politique de protection des renseignements personnels (cliquez ici pour lire la politique de protection des renseignements personnels de Conseillers immobiliers GWL inc.).
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs