About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
The Property Administrator (Accounting) is accountable to the Property Manager. Seventy-five percent of this position is responsible for the day-to-day payables and receivables. The Property Administrator is a “hands on” non-management position working closely with the regional accountants and property management teams.
Within the limits of applicable policies, procedures and established plans. The Property Administrator (Accounting) has the responsibility and authority to make decisions and take action as follows:
- Capital and Operating
Coding corporate and property management
- Invoice using the coding matrix set out by the accounting department.
- Ensuring proper approval on all invoices
- Maintenance of site office payable e-files.
- Attention to chart of accounts and annual budget forecasts.
- Confirming holdback (capital) amounts and amounts paid to date from vendor invoices to the accounting information system (CM & Yardi)
Recurring payable process control
- Completion of recurring contract payables for fiscal year
- Obtaining proper approval of recurring payable
- Cancellation/recreation of recurring payables due to change as required.
- Attending to vendor queries in a timely and courteous manner.
- Keep Property Management (PM) team apprised of any major vendor issues.
- Processing monthly payments (cheques, wire transfers)
- Depositing cheques
- Application of payments to the correct charges and tenant
- Prompt deposit of all cheques to meet legislated RECA policies.
- Verify correct cheque payee.
- Generating reports for property managers as required.
- Assisting the Property Manager with the preparation and input of the budgeted operating expense.
Miscellaneous (where applicable)
- Lunch-hour relief on main switchboard
- Will be expected to perform miscellaneous duties as relates to property management as may be delegated by the Property Manager or delegate from time to time.
- Cross train with the PA – Operations for absence coverage
- Will establish and maintain an excellent climate of working relations both inside GWLRA and outside the company with the tenants, contractors, etc., consistent with encouraging improved service and performance.
- Will keep the respective Property Manager informed of his/her operation and of any unusual matters, which might affect approved plans and budgets.
- Must develop and maintain a positive and professional working attitude.
- Overall goal is to ensure standard accounting practices are observed and that all work performed is accurate and performed efficiently.
- Minimum of high school diploma.
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or Business Administration would be an asset.
- Former experience in bookkeeping, accounting, etc. would be an asset.
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Word and Excel, have a high degree of accuracy, and be able to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
What We Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
CIGWL utilise la plateforme d’un tiers, soit un système de gestion des candidatures (pour l’acquisition de talents), afin de gérer son processus de recrutement. Pour connaître la politique de protection des renseignements personnels du fournisseur du système de gestion pour l’acquisition de talents, cliquez sur ce lien. Si vous choisissez de postuler à un poste chez nous ou de recevoir nos offres d’emploi, vos renseignements personnels seront aussi recueillis par CIGWL et utilisés conformément à notre Politique de protection des renseignements personnels (cliquez ici pour lire la politique de protection des renseignements personnels de Conseillers immobiliers GWL inc.).
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs