About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
- Contribute towards the creation and maintenance of financial models as part of the acquisition and disposition process.
- Contribute towards coordination of active transactions, including interacting with internal stakeholder groups (asset management, property management etc.) and external stakeholders (lawyers, brokers etc.).
- Collect and summarize market, property, demographic and other data for the drafting of investment committee memorandums and other relevant presentations.
- When relevant, contribute to the due diligence process for active acquisitions and dispositions.
Portfolio Analysis and Valuation
- Support the portfolio’s asset valuation process.
- Identify and assess market value trends across regions and asset classes.
- Perform ad-hoc portfolio analysis to track performance and gain insights to drive future strategy, investment, and asset management initiatives. These include analysis of portfolio returns, risk, allocations, attribution studies, capital flow projections and others as required.
Annual Budgets and Business Plans
- Assist in the execution of the annual business plan process, including:
- Gathering relevant market data for all assets within the portfolio through MSCI, CBRE, CMHC and other market sources.
- Working with senior individuals on the portfolio management team as well as the individual asset managers to ensure that the business plans are professionally completed and are reviewed for technical accuracy and aesthetic errors before they are finalized.
- Extracting information out of individual business plans so aggregated portfolio views can be formed to make strategic decisions about individual portfolios.
- Assist in the review of the annual budgets which would include rolling up property level budgets to create portfolio and client centric views.
- Currently enrolled in university, ideally in a business or real estate related degree.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- An understanding of real estate finance and valuation techniques is required. Experience with Argus Enterprise would be considered an asset.
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel including being able to prepare and manipulate Discounted Cash Flow models would be considered an asset.
- Strong proficiency with MS PowerPoint in creating formal and ad-hoc reporting presentations.
- Demonstrated interest in Commercial Real Estate in school through participation in clubs, associations, conferences, and industry groups.
What We Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
CIGWL utilise la plateforme d’un tiers, soit un système de gestion des candidatures (pour l’acquisition de talents), afin de gérer son processus de recrutement. Pour connaître la politique de protection des renseignements personnels du fournisseur du système de gestion pour l’acquisition de talents, cliquez sur ce lien. Si vous choisissez de postuler à un poste chez nous ou de recevoir nos offres d’emploi, vos renseignements personnels seront aussi recueillis par CIGWL et utilisés conformément à notre Politique de protection des renseignements personnels (cliquez ici pour lire la politique de protection des renseignements personnels de Conseillers immobiliers GWL inc.).
This is a summer student position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs