About GWL Realty Advisors
GWLRA is a leader in both the commercial and multi-residential real estate industries. Driven by our values of Integrity, Ambition, Creativity, and Empathy, our vision is to be a sustainable company known for exceptional real estate management, trusted advice, and outstanding service by consistently fulfilling our mission to deliver strong, long-term results for our clients.
We are seeking a highly motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys working as part of a collaborative team but is very capable of completing assigned tasks independently.
As part of the property management team, you will be required to cross train on several different functions to be able to assist with vacation coverages of key team members in the office. You will need to be flexible and willing to adjust your areas of responsibility as team dynamics and external factors dictate the need for change.
You should be capable of understanding design and construction terminology and be able to interpret typical construction drawings. This highly administrative role requires a dedicated individual that prides oneself in their attention to detail, and who finds personal satisfaction being an integral part of a fast-paced energetic team, delivering high quality results for our clients.
- Provide support in the preparation and distribution of RFP’s/RFQ’s
- Obtain and manage vendor prequalification documentation.
- Prepare PO’s, contracts, and change orders, as well as coordinate the execution of these procurement documents.
- Support a variety of project coordination and administrative tasks including project budget set up and maintenance in accounting and processing platform (Yardi 7S, Construction Manager)
- Actively participate in internal and external design/construction meetings as required and preparation of meeting minutes as needed.
- Track and maintain accurate records of all awards, Contemplated Change Notices, Change Orders, Site Instructions, Requests for Information and Construction Communications as required and ensure they are being addressed by the appropriate team members in a timely fashion.
- Assist in the collection and distribution of all project closeout documentation from consultants and the city; including but not limited to Commissioning Reports, As-Built drawings, Operation and Maintenance Manuals, Occupancy Permits
- Support various other property related projects such as environmental certifications, OH&S audits and any other special projects.
- Other responsibilities as delegated by your leader.
- 2+ years of experience in either real estate operations/management or from the construction industry, preferably on commercial projects
- Demonstrated experience with budget administration, cost control, contract administration and filing/record keeping
- University or College Degree / Diploma, ideally in either Engineering/Architecture/planning or Business Administration, Commerce or in an appropriate field of study
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Teams, Word and Excel specifically) with intermediate capability with MS PowerPoint. A working knowledge of MS Project would be considered an asset
- Possess’ or is actively working towards a PMP, RPA, FMA, SMA or similar designation(s)/post secondary education would also be considered beneficial
What We Offer
- 3 Weeks of Vacation per year
- 3 Paid Personal Days per year
- Up to $2,000 annual Education Allowance
- Up to $5,000 annual Mental Health Coverage, plus other comprehensive benefits and savings programs
Learn more about our commercial and residential businesses, our values, and careers at GWLRA.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
CIGWL utilise la plateforme d’un tiers, soit un système de gestion des candidatures (pour l’acquisition de talents), afin de gérer son processus de recrutement. Pour connaître la politique de protection des renseignements personnels du fournisseur du système de gestion pour l’acquisition de talents, cliquez sur ce lien. Si vous choisissez de postuler à un poste chez nous ou de recevoir nos offres d’emploi, vos renseignements personnels seront aussi recueillis par CIGWL et utilisés conformément à notre Politique de protection des renseignements personnels (cliquez ici pour lire la politique de protection des renseignements personnels de Conseillers immobiliers GWL inc.).
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs