One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
We are currently looking for a Building Operator to join our Crestwood Corporate Center team!
This is an exciting opportunity to join a great group of building operators who oversee & maintain one of our biggest commercial properties in Richmond.
As a building operator you will be responsible for managing and maintaining the property in a safe, presentable and environmentally friendly manner. GWLRA prides itself in ensuring our properties are managed to the highest level of operational efficiency. You will ensure the building is a true reflection of our practices, policies and is a strong representation of our core values. Having strong customer service skills is a must have as you will work closely with our tenants.
Some of your other daily responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the efficient, effective and successful control of all base building equipment and systems such as chillers, boilers, centrifugal pumps and various air-handling systems etc
- Ensuring that cleanliness and housekeeping conditions are fully observed to only the highest standard.
Perform scheduled preventative maintenance using Angus PM system.
- Track and schedule work, ensuring all annual compliance testing and inspections are completed.
Manage tenant work order requests using the Angus TR system while ensuring tenants are satisfied with building operation matters
- Assist contractors in the completion of required tasks. Obtain estimates and quotations for proposed work in the building as required.
- Comply with business Health and safety policies such as participating in the H&S committee,
- Provide tour and inspection reports on an ongoing basis. Support the maintenance and ongoing improvement of WHMIS, RiskCheck, environmental, health and safety programs etc
- Ensure that all Corporate OH&S Policies, Procedures and Programs are implemented and strictly followed, including Environmental, Sustainability and Property Management Policies and Procedures. Perform water treatment chemical testing, critical system testing including chilled water back up, base building and tenant generators.
Maintain operator logs, checklists and inspections
- Actively participate in energy management practices for all mechanical and ventilation systems.
- 3 years plus experience in building operations (commercial experience preferred)
- A 5th class power engineering certificate (either completed or in progress)
- A strong knowledge of Building HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, BAS Systems and Life Safety Systems.
- A hands on mechanical and electrical professional with strong trouble-shooting skills
- Passion for sustainability and energy management
- A strong reflection of GWLRA’s values ISFIT – Integrity, Service, Fun, Innovation & teamwork
- Excellent customer service skills and enjoys working with people
The selected candidate must be willing to work within a rotation schedule and share on-call duties as part of the rotation schedule, while providing standby support to on-call maintenance staff as required and to attend any after-hours emergencies as may be required from time to time, and back up to other sites within portfolio as required.
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs