One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
We have an exciting & unique opportunity as a Real Estate Business Solutions Manager. This is a managerial role that requires someone who also enjoys being hands-on supporting the day to day operations of GWL Realty Advisors. The successful candidate will have a combination of business and technology related experience allowing them to successfully interpret technical information in a business context.
You will be responsible for leading initiatives that focus on the technology that supports the organization and work closely with a variety of teams including accounting, property management, leasing, asset management, development etc.
We will count on you to share your expertise in business application management, process improvement, and issue management to help drive important initiatives.
Some of the exciting projects you will take part in include:
- Key team member for projects involving the technology supporting GWL Realty Advisors including communication to staff across the organization
- Driving process improvement initiatives
- Management of issues and escalations
- Ad hoc projects
While a strong understanding of technology is required we are not necessarily looking for a traditional Information Technology expert. This is truly a business/technology hybrid role.
You will also be responsible for overseeing the business solutions team who manages technology and security requests for the organization.
Some of your other responsibilities will include:
- Direct involvement in the remediation and communication of issues
- Conducting regular system access reviews to comply with ICOFR requirements
- Delivery, planning, and training for new initiatives
- Testing and implementation of system enhancements and reports
- Monitoring and developing Business Solutions Key Performance Indicators
- Development of procedures and controls to ensure the integrity of information within GWLRA business applications
- Oversee the process for on-boarding/off-boarding staff and associated technology requests
- People management: coaching, performance management and succession planning
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Post-secondary education
- (5 years plus of experience) working as a technical business partner in which you oversaw the execution and day to day operation of systems and process improvement
- Ability to problem solve quickly considering both tactical and strategic alternatives
- Able to meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities
- Highly collaborative and team oriented, people enjoy working with you and for you!
- Strong communication skills with the ability to simplify technical language and initiatives
- Prior accounting and/or real estate industry experience is highly desirable but not required
- Proactive and a strong desire to learn more about our systems and technologies
- An analytical thinker who is a guru with Microsoft Excel
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a contract position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs