One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
We have an exciting & unique opportunity to work as a Manager, Systems Administration. This is a managerial role that requires someone who also enjoys being hands-on. The successful candidate will have a combination of business and technology related experience to successfully oversee the systems that support GWL Realty Advisors.
In this role, you will be a key resource on initiatives involving a wide variety of disciplines including accounting, property management, leasing, asset management, development, information services, etc.
Each initiative will allow you to showcase your abilities in the following areas:
- Business leadership for projects involving GWL Realty Advisors technology
- Business analysis and process improvement
- Project management and communications
You will also be responsible for overseeing the Business Solutions team who manages technology and security requests for the organization.
This oversight role will include the following responsibilities:
- On-going management of issues and escalations using your strong analytical and teamwork skills
- Leveraging your communication skills to advise and update stakeholders throughout any remediation efforts and scheduled system maintenance
- Conducting regular system access reviews to comply with Internal Controls Over Financial Reporting (ICOFR) requirements
- Delivery, planning, and training for new initiatives
- Testing and implementation of system enhancements and reports
- Monitoring and developing Key Performance Indicators
- Development of procedures and controls to ensure the integrity of information within GWLRA business applications
- Oversee the process for on-boarding/off-boarding staff and associated technology requests
- People management: coaching, performance management and succession planning
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Post-secondary education
- (5 years plus of experience) working as a technical business partner in which you oversaw the execution and day to day operation of systems and process improvement
- Ability to problem solve quickly considering both tactical and strategic alternatives
- Able to meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities
- Highly collaborative and team oriented, people enjoy working with you and for you!
- Strong communication skills with the ability to simplify technical language and initiatives
- Prior accounting and/or real estate industry experience is desirable but not required
- Proactive and a strong desire to learn more about our systems and technologies
- An analytical thinker
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a contract position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs