One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
Our Toronto Commercial Leasing team is growing, and we are looking for a Leasing Representative to assist in the leasing of a mixed portfolio of office & ancillary retail assets. Working from our head office at 33 Yonge, this is a unique opportunity to be part of a thriving department in a leading commercial real estate organization!
As a Leasing Representative we will count on you to be a positive brand ambassador and representation of our company.
The majority of your time will be spent on the go, whether it be at the office in meetings or on the road with potential tenants showing our space. You will thrive in a fast paced and high-pressure environment, after all leasing is all about deal making so we are looking for someone who understands the importance and time sensitivity of this.
Our leasing team is fun and upbeat, so we are looking for someone who is passionate about commercial real estate but also knows how to have fun at work – fit is very important.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for new and renewal leasing for office and retail properties within the GTA Office portfolio.
- Maintain/establish strong relationships and ongoing contact with brokers, tenants and prospective tenants through meetings, luncheons, presentations, etc.
- Negotiate financial and legal terms of leasing proposals, offers and leases to achieve optimum value.
- Liaise with internal departments; i.e. Asset Management, Construction, Development, Property Management and Accounting.
- Conduct property tours with prospects and develop in-depth knowledge of the portfolio.
- Manage the transition from leasing prospect to tenant, i.e. space planning, offer negotiation, and timely construction of premises.
- Strategically plan broker functions for the purpose of marketing vacancies and maintaining business relationships.
- Prepare and manage annual leasing budgets and other reporting as required.
- Represent GWL Realty Advisors by maintaining the highest standards of professional ethics and integrity.
- Prior commercial leasing or brokerage experience (ideally between 2 to 5 years)
- Real estate license required
- Familiar with the process of putting together a deal (from an administrative stand point and procedure standpoint)
- You are creative and an expert with time management
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Must have a valid drivers license
- A natural people person. You enjoy building relationships and networking is a breeze
- University degree in a real estate or business-related program
- Comfortable with local travel (a portion of your time will be spent on the road)
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs