One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
We’ve got an exciting opportunity as a Senior Property Manager to oversee our Greater Toronto Area Industrial & Retail portfolio.
You will work collaboratively with our Senior Director of Property Management and Operations Management to help shape and influence the direction of our property management team. We are looking for a hands-on leader who is an expert in the property management world. This is your opportunity to join a well-established real estate company and make an impact!
You will manage a 5.6 million square foot portfolio which includes 75 properties and 300 tenants. This is not your traditional senior leadership role but an opportunity to work closely with our tenants, team and have close oversight of the properties.
About 50% of your time will be spent out in the field engaging with tenants and ensuring that we are making the best business decisions for our portfolios. You will be involved in exciting work such as capital projects, construction management and property acquisitions.
Our tenants are high profile companies, so having strong presentation and professional social skills will be key to be successful. These are high profile properties so we are looking for someone who loves an ever changing, fast paced environment who can easily adapt & problem solve. You must be highly passionate about property management as the overall success and every day operations of these properties will be lead and influenced by you!
This a great opportunity to step into a portfolio that is experiencing growth and has lots of exciting projects on the horizon.
Some of your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Managing annual operating, capital budgets and reports
- Executing and training staff on tenant services and communications program, policies, procedures and processes
- Managing complex tenant issues and ensuring all tenant issues are managed efficiently and in a cost effective manner
- Ensuring that our staff and properties are viewed as leading property management professionals by ensuring customer service and communication levels are highly achieved
- Managing annual building inspections and capital projects from beginning to end
- Ensure that corporate governance, environmental, health & safety policies and procedures are compliant
- A minimum of 5 years of property management experience, with exposure to industrial properties
- A post-secondary degree or equivalent
- Highly collaborative management and working style
- Passionate about building structure and process
- Strong customer relationship building skills (excellent communication skills are must have)
- Highly experienced with budget and reporting management
- Professionalism, flexibility and ability to work both in a team oriented environment and independently
- RPA & CPM designations (an asset)
- Passionate about sustainability initiatives and processes
- Experienced with capital management projects
- Ability to carry out analysis of building data
- Must have a vehicle and comfortable with local travel
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs