One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
Did you recently graduate from an accounting or finance-based post secondary program and are looking to kick start your career with a leader in the real estate industry? If yes, then we have the perfect role for you!
Our Ottawa team is looking to add a Junior Real Estate accountant to their small but mighty team. As a Junior Real Estate Accountant, you will be responsible for managing accounts payable and managing accounting duties for a small portfolio of commercial properties.
This is an exciting opportunity to apply your analytical skills and passion to a thriving industry.
As this is an entry level opportunity this is an ideal fit for someone who is ready to kick start their accounting career. Technical skills are important but more than anything is the ability to build relationships with the team and your internal clients, so having strong interpersonal skills is essential.
Outside of being passionate about analytics you should also enjoy working in a team setting as this is a highly collaborative department. This is a flat structured team, so we are looking for someone who is ambitious and likes to show initiative!
Some of your other responsibilities could include:
- Monthly maintenance of the general ledger including:
- Review, reconciliation, and accrual of revenue, operating expenses, and capital expenditures
- Calculation of the final recoveries accrual based on year-to-date actual occupancy and costs;
- Assist in preparation of year-end working paper files for external audit
- Complete and distribute reports, including:
- Monthly and quarterly income and capital expenditure statements
- Cash flow reporting, where required
- Capital cost progress reports;
- Maintain lease information in CTI, including the set-up of new lease and licensing agreements and maintenance of existing leases and lease options table
- Review daily deposits made by the Property Administrators and ensure proper posting and cash application to the tenant’s account
- Assist Property Administrator in the reconciliation of tenant’s account and prepare monthly statement of accounts as necessary;
- Confirm recovery charge rates for new agreements;
- Process annual rent estimates, accounts payable invoices and post rent rolls and miscellaneous invoices
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post secondary degree or diploma in Accounting or finance related
- Prior accounting co-op or internship related experience (preferred but not required)
- Pursuing CPA designation;
- Understanding of full cycle real estate accounting, including final recoveries and year end audits
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Detail oriented; analytical; good problem solving
- Managing multiple priorities within tight deadlines;
- Strong oral and written skills;
- Able to work both independently as well as with a team framework;
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs