One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
Our Downtown property management team is looking for a Property Administrator. As a Property Administrator, we will rely on you to manage the administration of accounting transactions, address tenant services inquiries, and assist with communication updates and other ad-hoc duties. This is an exciting opportunity for a recent post-secondary graduate looking to kick off their career in the exciting world of property management.
We are looking for someone with a strong attention to detail, previous administrative experience, (preferably in an office setting), and someone with a passion for providing excellent customer service.
Many of our property managers started their career in this same role so it’s a great stepping stone to learn all about the industry.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the property management team by performing various administrative duties such as typing, filing, and preparing expense reports.
- Assuming responsibility for the office by managing office supply inventory, deliveries, and IT and phone needs.
- Performing various administrative duties such as typing, filing expense reports, etc.
- Managing confidential lease files including filing, archiving, and managing an electronic filing system.
- Assisting with lease agreement changes to contractual terms, conditions, etc.
- Assisting the Senior Property Administrator with compilation and maintaining of all documentation binders, files, and electronic filing.
- Maintaining an excellent line of communication among property managers, building operators, security, contractors, tenants, and other external parties.
- Collecting, reviewing, and tracking tenant insurance certificates and corresponding with tenants to ensure compliance to policies and lease requirements.
- Assisting with collection of tenant arrears.
- Preparing tenant correspondence including annual rental notices and ongoing rental billing changes.
- Managing tenant and vendor inquiries.
- Preparing, processing, and submitting monthly accounting reports such as accounts payable, electronic funds transfers, NSF recording, and deposit of rental cheques.
- Managing the procurement process from purchase order generation to invoice payments for both operational and project spending.
- Assisting with tenant meetings and tenant engagement events.
- Assisting with the building work order system.
- Managing the administration of contractor documentation.
- Keeping records up to date and ensuring timely collection of information.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education
- Previous office administrative experience
- Passionate about the commercial real estate industry and aspires to develop a long-term career
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a deadline driven, fast paced environment, with a high-level capacity to multitask
- Critical thinker who excels at problem solving and taking initiative
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service abilities with a focus on finding ways to go above & beyond
- Collaborative team player who is hard working and likes to have fun at work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs