One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
The main responsibilities of the Operations Supervisor are to oversee the budgets, contracts and deployment of assigned workforce to ensure proper monitoring, preventative maintenance, and troubleshooting of all Building Automation Systems and related equipment to ensure the successful operation and maintenance of the buildings. The Operations Supervisor is to ensure that the assigned real estate portfolio or complex of buildings is being managed and maintained in a safe and environmentally responsible manner and to the highest level of operational efficiency
- Assist Operations Manager with the general budgets for snow removal, landscaping, fire alarm, electrical, and other general maintenance contracts (as required)
- Ensure that all calls for service of mechanical and electrical equipment is made and follow-up to ensure the work has been completed in a timely fashion
- Direct and oversee the recording and maintenance of all chemical tests and add the required chemicals to the HVAC systems, including boilers and chillers
- Address tenant requests and complaints promptly and professionally
- Reviewing work permits and vendor management.
- Ensuring the property is compliant in respect to all RiskCheck programs.
- Assist the management team with all aspects of building operations such as budgeting, health and safety, risk management compliance, staffing/scheduling, ensuring all preventative and work requests are done in a timely matter, and making recommendations on possible changes to enhance the efficiency of building operations
- Direct and oversee contracted work
- Follow-up and report contractor performance and possible deficiencies to the Operations Manager within acceptable time limits
- Actively assist in recruiting and training new team members when required
- Coach, motivate, direct and evaluate all direct reports through regular formal and informal discussions, including annual evaluations, and goal setting sessions, to enhance employee job satisfaction and maximize productivity
- Review work completed by direct reports and provide support and guidance when necessary
- Ensure necessary training (including safety) is delivered to direct reports and/or is addressed with Operations Manager
- Ensure necessary safety precautions and policies are followed in line with applicable laws and company policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in a related field
- 4th or 5th Class Power Engineering Ticket
- Building Environmental Systems diploma (or similar program) an asset
- Experience with CMMS Software Considered an asset. (Angus Anywhere)
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a Senior Building Operator (or similar role) preferably in a high-rise building
- Minimum 1 year supervisory/management experience preferably in a high-rise commercial building
Specialized knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Working knowledge of heating and cooling systems
- WHMIS certification an asset
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
- Working knowledge of Fire and Building codes
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
- Valid Driver’s License
- Communicate clearly, concisely, professionally and convey active listening and openness
- Build positive relationships and demonstrate commitment
- Produce accurate work with attention to detail and consistently meet deadlines
- Take ownership for actions, accept constructive criticism and make the necessary changes to behavior
- Overcome obstacles to get the job done, identify problems and recommend solutions
- See change positively and adapt quickly to change in work requirements
- Actively support training & development opportunities for employees as well as provide regular and meaningful feedback while delegating responsibility and being comfortable working through others
- Integrity: Take pride in being honest, in keeping your word and in the strong principles that guide us.
- Ambition: Eagerly pursue opportunities and do your best on behalf of our stakeholders
- Empathy: Understand what matters to others; with that foundation, you’ll be able to reach agreements and deliver results
- Creativity: Embrace originality, innovation, and stay open to considering new ideas and new directions.
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs