One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
Our Edmonton property management team is looking for a Property Administrator. As a Property Administrator, we will rely on you to manage the administration of accounting transactions, support with tenant service inquiries, communication updates, and other ad-hoc duties.
- Supporting the property management team by performing various administrative duties such a typing, filing, and preparing expense reports.
- Managing confidential lease files including filing, archiving, and managing an electronic filing system.
- Assisting Assistant Property Manager and Senior Property Administrator with compilation and maintaining of all documentation, binders, files and electronic filing.
- Maintaining an excellent line of communication among property managers, building operators, security, contractors, tenants and other external parties.
- Collecting, reviewing, and tracking tenant insurance certificates and corresponding with tenants to ensure compliance to policies and lease requirements.
- Collections of tenant arrears.
- Managing tenant and vendor inquiries.
- Preparing, processing, and submitting monthly accounting reports such as accounts payable, electronic fund transfers, NSF recording, and deposit of rental cheques.
- Manage the procurement process from purchase order generation to invoice payments for both operational and project spending.
- Assist with the building work order system. (Angus)
- Keeping records up to date and ensuring timely collection of information.
- Assist with annual budget preparation and reporting.
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education
- Previous office administrative experience
- Passionate about commercial real estate industry and aspires to develop a long-term career
- Comfortable working in a deadline driven, fast paced environment, with a high-level capacity to multitask
- Critical thinker who excels at problem solving and taking initiative
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service abilities with a focus on finding ways to go above and beyond
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in an administrative role
- Commercial experience an asset
Specialized knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
- Team Player
- Hard Working
- Enjoys having fun at work
- Communicate clearly, concisely, professionally and convey active listening and openness
- Build positive relationships and demonstrate commitment
- Produce accurate work with attention to detail and consistently meet deadlines
- Take ownership for actions, accept constructive criticism and make the necessary changes to behavior
- Overcome obstacles to get the job done, identify problems and recommend solutions
- See change positively and adapt quickly to change in work requirements
- Actively support training & development opportunities for employees as well as provide regular and meaningful feedback while delegating responsibility and being comfortable working through others
- Integrity: Take pride in being honest, in keeping your word and in the strong principles that guide us.
- Ambition: Eagerly pursue opportunities and do your best on behalf of our stakeholders
- Empathy: Understand what matters to others; with that foundation, you’ll be able to reach agreements and deliver results
- Creativity: Embrace originality, innovation, and stay open to considering new ideas and new directions.
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a full time position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs