One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
The primary responsibility of the Real Estate Accountant is to perform a variety of property management administrative functions that are best suited for the specified property. This position is responsible for the ongoing daily property management administrative functions including processing tenant file maintenance on an automated property management system, review monthly rent roll billings to tenants, depositing rental cheques, processing tenant rental cash receipts and coding property invoices for payment.
- Processes preliminary monthly rent roll report and communicate ongoing rental billing changes to tenants
- Issue and post tenant charge-back invoices to tenants for miscellaneous charges
- Record cash receipts to tenant’s accounts on CTI
- Assist property manager in rent collection, provide both verbal and written communication with tenants
- Maintain various tracking spreadsheets for recovery and client requirements
- Prepare tenant receivable reports to property manager and revenue accounting staff
- Process real estate accounts payable invoices including:
- Following GWLRA accounting policies and procedures, code property operating expense invoices to appropriate general ledger accounts and budget amounts
- Administer invoice holdback where applicable
- Match invoices to approved purchase orders
- Respond professionally to various invoice payments inquires by property management staff or external vendors
- Accrual of month end expenses for financial reporting purposes
- Establish good working relationships with internal and external contacts such as tenants, contractors etc
- Consistently provide improved service and maintain a positive and professional working attitude
- Assist the property manager in the budget preparation of operating expenses and capital expenditure
- Ensure property management is utilizing purchase order systems
- Other projects and reporting as required
- Education required include a post-secondary college degree, preferable in accounting
- Minimum of two years experience in property administration and/or accounting
- Enrollment in a professional accounting program (i.e. CGA, CMA or CA) is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to meet the needs of clients
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills; able to cope with changing client needs and deliver successful results within the time frame
- Exceptional communications, organization, interpersonal and time management skills
- Self motivated, professional and flexible
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NO RECRUITING AGENCIES PLEASE
GWL Realty Advisors is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know
This is a contract position
Subscribe to be notified of new jobs